Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Quote Originally Posted by apkane View Post
    Hey Doc, this is very cool and something that I might have a go at in the near future I think....just don't let the Minister for War and Economics know. She's likely to photoshop a beard on me whilst I'm soldering away and report me to the AFP and have me taken away 'to assist with their inquiries'.
    Attachment 11259

Hahaha....you should tell her to stop doing that, since I'm currently single I don't have to answer to a Minister for War and Economics, trouble is, I'm still learning how to budget my money, and worse still, I tend to be a bit impulsive with my spending, cheers for that mate, this amp I'm building has been a work-in-progess since I first started building it, I have been tweaking it as I've been building it and have lost count of the number of times I've revised the design, but I have learnt alot in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    What was the rough cost of parts Doc?

It's very hard for me to give you a rough estimate, since my memory of how much I've spent on it is a bit rusty, some parts cost me nothing, but as an educated guess I've probably spent something like $300.00 or maybe $400.00, or even more so far on parts, but that is just a very rough estimate and I'm probably totally wrong.

The output transformer was probably the most expensive part to buy.

Update:

Well, I'm finally going to "Bite The Bullet" and start ordering the new bits and pieces for my Valve Amp Head next Tuesday, did some browsing on the Evatco website and found that they have all the needed Pot values in their range of CTS pots, except 25K Pots, so, I did a quick google for 25K CTS Pots and found this website:

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/new_products_0

Turns out they do stock 25K CTS pots so I'm going to replace all the existing pots installed on the amp chassis with some new CTS Pots, I do remember having some reliability issues with the Alpha 24mm Pots I've used in the Chassis previously, what's really strange and interesting is that only certain Pot values seem to suffer from reliability issues, I'm guessing that certain pot values tend to be more prone to the solder tags loosening due to heat-stress while being soldered to than others, so as a precaution I'm switching to CTS Pots, besides, some commercially manufactured amps use them anyway.

The 24mm Alpha Pots I used in the past were bought from Jaycar Electronics, and it appears that the lower value pots seem to be the most susceptible to heat-stress on the Solder Tags.

Update:

Managed to make hard copy printouts of the Turret Board layouts, schematics, etc so I'm going to go ahead and order the materials I need to make the Turret Boards for my Sloclone 50 Amp Head tonight, will also see if I can get all the CTS pots ordered too.

Update:

Since Adam has created a Forum section about Guitar amps, I'm thinking that it would probably be the most appropriate place for this thread, so if any of the mods could move this thread to that section, that would be much appreciated, cheers.

Done and done.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Done and done.

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

Okay, so re-building this amp and getting it all going again is going to be a project that's scheduled for next year, this will give me heaps of time to get my two guitar projects finished this year, so keep an eye on this thread cause I have some mini-tutorials planned for it, one of them is going to be about making Turret Boards for mounting all the components in the amp on.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 22-09-2016 at 05:01 PM.

I was having a listen to some of the Lamington demos on YT and discovered a dude with a Train Wreck clone.

Circuits are over on Wattkins.com ( spelling is correct ) in the Tones Per Buck subforum under the thread title of Thrifty Wreck.

You will have to join the forum to get there but there is heaps of good stuff there

Here are a couple of links, you have to log in for the Wattkins one
    http://www.wattkins.com/node/17851

The Trainwreck Pages
    http://www.blueguitar.org/new/schem/...reck_pages.pdf
    Last edited by dave.king1; 26-09-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast