Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hi Chaz here just arrived

The yellow lead is 28cm and the distance from the pot to the pickup hole is 30cm . the pickup with the red wire just fits.

Thanks I'll try joining some extra wire with solder. I'll check out the suppliers for a jack. Which by the way fits on the side not the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazking View Post
    Thanks I'll try joining some extra wire with solder. I'll check out the suppliers for a jack. Which by the way fits on the side not the top.
    Of course it does.... Was thinking of the wrong kit.... Sheesh!

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Well did the wiring which was very new to me. but hey, got to learn sometime. Made a mistake of not including the pickups in the template I made. Just assumed the cables would be the right length. So although I did manage to fit the wiring loom into the guitar using the 6mm plastic tubing (Great idea whoever thought of that one), I have had to remove it in order to lengthen the pickup wires.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiring1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	436.9 KB 
ID:	8787

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neck1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	722.5 KB 
ID:	8789Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Headstock rear1.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	609.7 KB 
ID:	8788Fitted the machine heads and although I pre drilled the screw holes found the screws to be quite long, so had to be very careful not to drill too deep. As a result the first screw head snapped off. So now have to drill the screw out of the hole and try again. still its starting to take shape.

Bummer about the screw.. Is there any of the shaft poking out? If there is you can try grabbing it with pliers.
    Another trick is to see if you can file a slot in it and use a flat bladed screw driver.
    Another handy tip is to smear a little bit of soap on the screw thread before driving it, that should help stop shearing the head off the pesky little buggers.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Drilled the screw out. I measured the depth of the screw and depth of the headstock. Both are 12mm. So I'll be getting slightly shorter screws. I take your point about a bit of soap good idea

Screws sorted. Wiring complete but a question. In order to wax the pickups I removed the black covers that are screwed to the guitar. I failed to notice until assembling them that one cover is thicker than the other. Any idea which one is neck and which one is body. They are also angled so which way round do they go?

Banned
    The pickup surrounds one will be higher than the other? this one goes to the bridge, the thinner one to the neck.

Many thanks. Both surrounds have a high and a low side, again which way round do they go? I would guess the higher side of both pickups faces the neck.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast