Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 8 Tips To Help You Minimise Music Gear Theft

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    no worries cheers DK, sure you have had a heap of different axes in your collection.
    Swapped it for the white Shergold in the front row here, no chance of my first surviving it was a nylon string acoustic that my young brother broke over my head because being incredibly juvenile back then I may or may not have f4rted on him
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Herd_a.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	6162  

nice collection DK. Wow thats a funny story about your younger bro smashing your first acoustic over your head for f@rting on him. On the bright side if it was a mahogany LP you would have suffered brain injuries !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

For me, all I will be using on the road is a couple of basses and a small pedalboard, no amp required whatsoever (thanks to the amazing wonder of a DI!), so keeping it within my sight at all times is pretty simple.

How did you get on with your DI was info I sent ok.What DIi you currently using Kels

Hey KB, for my last gig I went through the house DI for simplicity, but I am about to drop a few hundred bucks on a very small (but essential!) pedalboard with this puppy on the end http://www.basscentre.com.au/collect...di-floor-pedal
    Yeah the info did help for my current DI (which is just a simple active DI, nothing too special here), cheers KB!

Hey Kels do you do a lot of slap bass,cause the Eden for slap players is stunning.
    Others that if you talk to Guy at the Bass centre to give a try too depending on style of bass you play. The Tech21 Sansamp VT Bass and VT Bass Deluxe both stunning. My current Bass Di and pre amp is SansAmp Bass Driver Programmable. Always thinking of our fat-stringed brethren, we had to make a 3-channel, programmable, rig-in-a-box for bassists who can’t get enough of a great thing. Like the TRI-A.C. for guitar, you get three hot tones right at your toetips. The all-analog circuitry features the same controls as its single channel predecessor: Drive, Bass, Treble, Presence, Blend and Level. Digital only in its programmability, you just tweak the knobs until you find a tone, double-tap on a footswitch, and it’s saved in that channel. It’s that simple. Three of your faves -- to go! Good luck have fun

* Sorry ref formatting text couldn't get it to sit properly on my phone *
    Last edited by kimball492; 29-10-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Yeah KB I'd love a Sansamp but the budget does not allow, so the Eden will have to do for now...

Hey Kels , get something that you love the sound of. If it gives the tones you love ,that's all that matters

Well to be honest, the Eden does get me pretty close to what I want which for me is kinda inbetween Mark Hoppus and Mike Dirnt's tones, I like to cut the bass a small bit, boost 2-2.2khz a little and boost the treble to about 2o'clock and with the compressor it really tightens it all up, so for now it will really get me close to what I want!

Kels go for it put something me demos up with the he new rig
    Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2