Thread: Check Out Line 6 Helix Amazing !!!

Check Out Line 6 Helix Amazing !!!

Guys check out Helix by Line 6 heard it today . Best effects I've heard in years . They've gone for modelling in a different way that actually sounds like the real amps . When you plug in different guitars the sound actually changes like a real amp .So nothing
    Like the old fashioned modelling on previous modelling effects. Great for Bass and Guitar players too. Think Axe Fx or Kemper amp profiling. Fantastic product check it out . As to wether Line 6 have got the price right I'm not sure.

http://line6.com/helix/

I believe the guy who originally started the line 6 company is back working with Yamaha the new owners of Line 6
    Last edited by kimball492; 20-08-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Very cool stuff, Digital modelling seems to be getting better and better, wouldn't mind hearing some demos of what the Line 6 Helix actually sounds like.

I'd love a Helix for my rig..... Another really cool unit which I absolutely adore is the TC Electronic G system, really nice unit and TC even thought about the players so there is no drive section, instead you use your own drives which I quite like! Also its little brother, the Nova system is good for the money too!

But this Helix...... Man it's cool!

Overlord of Music
    Expect prices around $2.5k according to a mate who works at a Line6 dealer. Sweet looking piece of gear.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

***ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT***

Ordered a used Helix LT from the Guitar Center website last night. US$799 in "Great" condition. It did look clean and unabused. This will potentially replace a couple piles of guitar and bass gear in my already-too-small home studio. Quite looking forward to this piece of gear.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM

You should dig it. I'm getting some fantastic sounds from my HxStomp (smaller version of the helix) and haven't even stratched the surface yet.

8. Liked by: PJSprog

I am, in fact, digging the h*ll out of it. It's a very impressive device. For many years, I used a factory modified Pearce BC-1 preamp to get something similar to the Billy Sheehan sound. After it was in a basement flood many years ago, I stopped using it, and it's suffered from serious corrosion since then. Last year, I was discussing on Facebook with Billy about trying to resuscitate my BC-1, as I really missed that sound. He suggested getting the Helix, as it now had his Pearce models in it. I wasn't sure about investing that kind of cash in what is essentially a computer, and trusting that it wouldn't crash at inopportune times. As several of my friends have recently been using them virtually trouble free, I decided to take the plunge. Man, am I glad I did. The tones from this thing are incredible. I've been tweaking on it pretty much every night after work since I got it last Tuesday.

I'm falling in love with playing my bass guitar again.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM