Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First time user

OK.
    After extensive R&D and using my product on my own scratch builds, I am pretty sure that I know what my products can be used for.
    I have DT wax on the necks of all my Bass Guitars and I can tell you for certain that it works.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    OK.
    After extensive R&D and using my product on my own scratch builds, I am pretty sure that I know what my products can be used for.
    I have DT wax on the necks of all my Bass Guitars and I can tell you for certain that it works.
    Cool.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ben1902 View Post
    I don't understand what real hard wearing is :P.
    You're trying to add a final protective barrier to the guitar in the form of a lacquer or clear coat. I can't imagine any such protection from wax alone, especially on softer woods, but apparently it's all good.

Ben, Dingobass is the man for stains, etc. I think the wax should be fine - the maple of the necks is a lot harder than the basswood / ash / alder / etc of the bodies, so the wax not adding any extra strength should not be an issue. As for stains / clearcoats, etc - they probably add a little, but best equivalent I can think of is a jaffa - it has a small, thin, hard shell on the outside, but that can be cracked fairly easily (e.g., by dropping as I did).

How many coats of wax should I use on the neck and frets. thanks guys.

Just one thin coat will do the trick.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2