Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broken headstock Epiphone G400

Broken headstock Epiphone G400

I have an Epiphone G400 with a broken headstock, which I don't think I'm game enough to try to repair, I was wondering if someone on the forum is interested in swapping for it? Generally in good nick, apart from the break.
    Grover tuners, mahogany body/neck. Has non-original TOM bridge and no bridge humbucker but can swap these back in if needed - currently in another guitar.
    Pics attached. Would look at pedals, kits et cetera, not really sure how to value it. Located in Tassie, but obviously willing to post.
    Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11174561_903291099723278_6462081284303474094_o.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	441.1 KB 
ID:	4555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11206686_903291039723284_7781764388628251556_o.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	285.5 KB 
ID:	4556  

Tex you want to have a chat to stan mate, he did a headstock repair similiar to this. He did a great job at fixing it too, wouldn't be able to tell it was even broken if you saw it. Yours might be repairable too if your willing to give it a go. So long as your truss rod has snapped it should be okay I would think.
    For some things, some times, it's the same time all over the world, and I think we know what time that is...

Would you be interested in sending it to me so I can do a repair thread for the forum?

If you are willing to pay postage I will fix it for you for nil, nuthin, nada, FREE

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

wow that's a generous offer DB. Tex I'd take him up on that in a heartbeat
    You have been a member for 2 years and your first post !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    Would you be interested in sending it to me so I can do a repair thread for the forum?

If you are willing to pay postage I will fix it for you for nil, nuthin, nada, FREE
    Wow DB, that would actually be amazing! Depending on how much postage comes out to be, and my financial position at the time, I'd be happy to chuck you some money towards it too.

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    wow that's a generous offer DB. Tex I'd take him up on that in a heartbeat
    You have been a member for 2 years and your first post !
    Certainly is generous! I knew he was a top bloke, but that's just going above and beyond!
    Yep, I've been a member for ages, and actually partially completed a kit last year, then sold it to a guy I knew to finish up, so didn't end up posting a build diary. More of a lurker than poster in most guitar-related forums, primarily been keeping an eye on the builds others have done here - but I should stay on topic.

Its more about the oppourtunity to show the forum peeps how to repair this type of break than it is about money.
    Also, I love a challenge...

Flick me your email addy to dingobass@pitbullguitars.com and we can talk Epi Rescue.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    Its more about the oppourtunity to show the forum peeps how to repair this type of break than it is about money.
    Also, I love a challenge...

Flick me your email addy to dingobass@pitbullguitars.com and we can talk Epi Rescue.
    Definitely admirable, and it's a forum resource that I'm sure people will appreciate anyway - I can't be the first person to be more keen to strap on a neck-heavy guitar than to wait a few days on straplocks. I'll flick an email your way in a minute.

Its a common problem with Epis..
    My Epi Thunderbird was a real biartch for the head dive, soon fixed that by moving the strap button..

you are on a winner with DB fixing it.
    Mine turned out OK (thanks for the kind words Kurt), see the link below in my signature.

all the best with it

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    you are on a winner with DB fixing it.
    Mine turned out OK (thanks for the kind words Kurt), see the link below in my signature.

all the best with it
    Thanks! Definitely more confident in DB getting a good result out than me, so worth the cost of shipping it back and forth, and hopefully a second headstock repair reference on the forums will be helpful to anyone who ends up in the same position.
    I did actually have a look at your thread earlier, if I thought I could get as smooth a result out I'd likely have already done it by now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast