Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broken headstock Epiphone G400

thanks mate, I think I did the glue up once, filled it about 4 times before I got it close enough, painted it two or three times and got the clear right first time.

So it was a good result, but I learnt a lot along the way.

The thing is to use a simple tried method and not play around with it.

The bit I am proud of is that I preserved the original headstock decal , left it in place and didn't damage it and still blended the repair in

Last edited by stan; 14-08-2015 at 02:21 PM.

DB will do an awesome job, and I'll see how it should have been done....

DB to the rescue!
    Very common issue as DB has suggested. A thread will help out many who discover this problem. As a mate who owns a prominent music store told me, a customer brought his Epi in, some 6 weeks old, swore blind to him that the headstock just flew off the neck all by itself. It was there in the music room up against the wall all the time, no one had touched it...he wanted a full refund.
    That was until the little voice of his daughter standing beside him fessed up "Daddy, I'm sorry, but I knocked your guitar over by mistake...."

Nice one Stan

You got off lightly with that break, usually they look more like Tex's....

One question though, is that a trick of light or is that paint I see that had seeped into the scarf joint?
    If it is paint, Epi should be ashamed for letting that pass QC before it hit the paint shop......

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    One question though, is that a trick of light or is that paint I see that had seeped into the scarf joint?
    If it is paint, Epi should be ashamed for letting that pass QC before it hit the paint shop......
    Good, I'm not the only one who noticed it! The repair does look repairable, might need some filler and a touchup on the paint, but surely DB will do a magnificent job at getting the neck back into playable status. Or just turn it into a headless and the balance issues are then solved

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    Nice one Stan

You got off lightly with that break, usually they look more like Tex's....

thanks DB.
    There is no paint in the scarf joint.
    No it's the depth of the finish they put on it, the grey area is paint on the headstock that has chipped diagonally through the paint layer it was so thick.
    If you check out the first page of the Epi fix thread, some of the other pics show it better.

Ahhhh, it was a trick of the light

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2