Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here with injuries?

I had the misfortune of p plater's eagerness to try to beat cars across a intersection unfortunately he wasn't tort to look out for motorcyclists, It took me 2 years to save up for my dream motorcycle i only had it 2 weeks before it got totaled, i live in Adelaide and i even drove to mt Gambier to pick it up. I ended up at almost head on and went through his windscreen, lucky i was wearing all the good stuff so it saved my life injuries i got was broused my brain not that theres much of 1 and i no longer am able to taste things i also exploded my spine which damaged my spinal cord i had to have 2 lots of pins and bolts in both sides of my spine (really gives new meaning to a jeezzs i got a sore back) also pulled my pelvis out of wack and stuff knees and a bung shoulder things better now i spent 4 weeks in the spinal unit which i died once but they recovered me they od me on ozycodin (morphine) wasn't to flash and 3 months in hospital rehab learning how to do things again.

With the head injury i forgot how to spell things and some other things like losing coordination from my brain to my hands so learning how to play a guitar again was a bit hard to take, its been 2 years now since the accident and i am doing ok been a long road, i used to be a spay painter but that was the biggest bummer not being able to paint cars any more which i loved doing, i now get it out by building guitars which i really like it will be a wile before i will be able to do something for longer than an hour at a time and i don't have any movement in my legs but they call me a incomplete paraplegic which mean i don't have movement but i get the pain yeh great!

if i post something and i may spell things or have them back to front you know why sorry for the rant

here was my pipride and joy

this after

and this is the my best friend with out i wouldnt be here

and for the macarb what a couple of grand of titanium looks like the nice veiw

A nasty accident and equally sad story but at least you are on the sunny side of the grass with a positive attitude.

Too many drivers don't pay attention to the road and what's around them and have dreadful tunnel vision, I have been driving for a long time and reckoned I was a pretty reasonable driver but when I started racing my spacial awareness became some much more attuned to everything on the road.

I live in a short dead end street that is full of kids playing and it's amazing how little care their parents take as they charge up the hill.

Stay positive and keep building
    Last edited by dave.king1; 02-08-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Dave, we used to call those suicide blades in the tool shop, they are actually illegal in some states.

Had my right rotor cuff repaired but still have an impingement in it, so it doesn't like being in some positions or any position for too long.
    Arthritis in both hands and carpal tunnel in the left (bike clutch hand). Right knee has arthritus and possibly worn ligaments (bike starting leg), Emphysema so I won't be the harp player I wanted to be :P (30+ years a smoker)
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    A nasty accident and equally sad story but at least you are on the sunny side of the grass with a positive attitude.

Too many drivers don't pay attention to the road and what's around them and have dreadful tunnel vision, I have been driving for a long time and reckoned I was a pretty reasonable driver but when I started racing my special awareness became some much more attuned to everything on the road.

I live in a short dead end street that is full of kids playing and it's amazing how little care their parents take as they charge up the hill.

Stay positive and keep building
    nah its not sad at all i have good people around me and the missus has been great so have our kids, i'm the sort of person that sees only the positive, yep i keep myself busy even our lad gets of the bloody xbox for more than 10 mins now got to be happy with that lol

I agree with DK Phrozin. thanks for sharing the story. I just thought you spelt things phonetically as it was easier!

I gave up riding motorcyles in mid 00's after a number of near misses with cars (some of which were actually intentional by car drivers!).

About the only injury i sustained from riding for many years was the clutch carpal tunnel.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

I hear you Andy, I ride my bike to lunch with friends on a Sunday (via back streets) but if I want to go for a ride in the mountains I go on a week day when the idiot hoons are at work. I used to love riding and driving but the agro on the roads has taken the joy out of it.
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

You guys need to come down to Tassie for some rides. We have some of the best roads available for riding, and there is only about 500k population in the state, so none of the traffic issues.
    Plus you get some serious scenic glamour shots like these!

Acoustics:
    1995 Maton EM725C - Solid 'A' Spruce Top, QLD Walnut B&S, AP5 Pickup
    2015 Ibanez AEL108MD-NT - Laminated Spruce top, Laminated Mahogany B&S, Fishman Sonicore Pickup

Electrics:
    Pitbull LP-1S - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5745
    Carsen Superstrat Rebuild - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6284

Builds in Progress:
    Silent Guitar Semi-Scratch Build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6809

nice scenery Zandit

@ Phrozin that's a horrible story but glad you are positive and enjoying life now !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

@ Phrozin You're doing fine mate.

After "skating" down Pitt St mall on a flyer someone had dropped. I am now recovering from a lateral dislocation of my left patella.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast