Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here with injuries?

Nah I have chatted to an audiologist about my levels, they are fin (especially when I wear my earbuds) and I am always wary of how much I push the amp

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Not that 3 x 200W double stacks and 600W a side on the foldback isn't capable of some serious levels, don't worry about the audience when there's 1200W a side on the PA as well, they were there for a good time

I'm sure there a few of my vintage on here who have experienced the same type of setup
    We had a drummer we worked with for years who ended up using one side of a double four way as him fill monitor. For the youngsters who grew up with modular bins, a double (or triple) four way was pretty much the standard PA used in pubs in the mid/late 80's.

2 (or 3) x W Bins
    2 x 45/70 bins
    2 x horns
    2 x rings

on each side of the stage.

We fed them with various amps usually ~500 to 600w per level per side. Indoors.

*shudder* so much sh*t to lug in and out.

No wonder so many of us greet each other with the phrase "huh, what did you say?"!
    Last edited by Rabbitz; 23-06-2015 at 04:40 PM.

3. Liked by: dave.king1, wazkelly

Four year apprenticship as a Boilermaker and helloooooo industrial deafness..
    It has come in handy though, I use it as an excuse to not hear the Minister for War and Finance yammering at me about jobs I havent done around the house..

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

5. Liked by: dave.king1, wazkelly

haha yeah DB, you seem to hear me ok in the man cave ok when I say "want another beer DB?" hahah
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Yhep... There are certain words that are not affected by industrial deafness

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Apart from that it's just all muffled as if DB's head is underwater

In 1998 I was dropped 50ft. by a crane at work. Crushed both of my heals, lung collapsed twice, and nearly tore my left arm completely off, severing all the nerves in my arm. I thought my playing day's were over. I even thought of asking the misses to take my gear to the basement so I wouldn't have to look at it and be depressed. Instead, I decided to use the guitar as a sort of physical therapy. I still have no feeling in my hand, but I can play by looking at the guitar. I have written and recorded over 100 songs since then and people still like to hear me play. Where there's a will, there's a way. Just saying.

I've sustained some hearing damage having worked in my dad's workshop as an apprentice fitter and machinist, my right ear is worse than my left due to having a tropical-ear infection in it when I was younger, I also suffer from tinnitus in both ears too.

I also get sinus trouble at certain times of the year, which tends to play havoc with my hearing.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 08-07-2015 at 01:56 AM.

Steve, you must be quite lucky to survive the fall, luckily you landed on your legs and even though you broke both heels, it is much better than landing on your torso or head...

Nomis, damn, hearing must be difficult for you, especially when recording!

keloooe, if I had been lucky I wouldn't have been dropped in the first place. lol. Occupational hazard of a Millwright.
    Trouble Walkin' Studios

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast