Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gumtree Score

Gumtree Score

Scored this pre-attempted kit on Gummy today for $60. Neck seems to be set nice and straight, came with hardware, but no pups. It's definately not a PBG kit, it is straight from Asia as it has the Jade coloured tuners and some totally random instruction book not a bad deal and plenty of options to go with (after some careful TLC).

Pretty sure PBG did have a similar kit previously and I know they still have the DM-1 which sports the same body shape.

What a great find! You can't buy wood and a neck for that so always a win!

Any idea's on a new finishing, or are you keeping this white-washed beachy Hamptons style?

Quote Originally Posted by RocknRolf View Post
    What a great find! You can't buy wood and a neck for that so always a win!

Any idea's on a new finishing, or are you keeping this white-washed beachy Hamptons style?
    Haha, heck no. I will give it a rub back and clean up and then reassess.

:-D

Looking forward to this, always love these finds!

Is it a flat top or slightly arched? I assume the neck angle is such that a Fender-style hardtail bridge will be too low so you’ve got to drill some post holes for a T-O-M or a wrap-around bridge, which will be a lot easier if it’s flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Is it a flat top or slightly arched? I assume the neck angle is such that a Fender-style hardtail bridge will be too low so you’ve got to drill some post holes for a T-O-M or a wrap-around bridge, which will be a lot easier if it’s flat.
    Yep it's a flat body and neck angle is designed for a TOM bridge for sure.

Any idea what the body wood is? In the photos the cavity wood almost looks like MDF or chipboard, very much the texture of the wood sheet it’s resting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Any idea what the body wood is? In the photos the cavity wood almost looks like MDF or chipboard, very much the texture of the wood sheet it’s resting on.
    It's the same variant of mahogany that the pbg kits are made from ... In that pic, it's resting on white foam. Doesn't help the haphazard white paint treatment the previous owner dosed it in. Lots of runs etc. into the cavities.

Thanks for that. Was originally looking at the pics on my phone, but now I'm on the PC, I can clearly see the foam and the mahogany-style grain.

I'm sure you'll do something wonderful with it.

10. Liked by: Bakersdozen

I'm sure you'll do something wonderful with it.[/QUOTE]

Undoubtedly!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast