Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Homemade luthiery tools

  1. #11
    Overlord of Music
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    3,356
    Buckets of goodness here. Thanks Dave.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

  2. #12
    Hey Guys,

    Great site you've got here - and thanks for the kind words about ours (HomemadeTools.net)!

    One of our most prolific builders (Christophe Mineau) happens to be a luthier. Here are a few direct links to some of his best work:

    Luthier's File Mount
    Long Reach Cam Clamps
    Binding Laminating Jig
    Engraver's Bowl Vise
    Router Plane
    Luthier Clamps
    Lining Clamps

    If you'd like to have any of your tools featured on our site, just send me a message. We'll add it directly and post in the thread with links to your new entry. We always fully credit the original builder by linking back to your original forum thread, credit your username, and include a small image (similar to those displayed by Google Images) of your tool.

    Ken

  3. Liked by: dave.king1

  4. #13
    Ken here from HomemadeTools.net.

    I know this thread is an old one, but we still appreciate the links!

    To celebrate our 20,000th homemade tool, we made a new ebook featuring our top 50 homemade tools. You guys are welcome to it for free:

    http://download.homemadetools.net/50MustReadTools.pdf


  5. #14
    Mentor Rabbitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Barossa Valley, South Australia
    Posts
    763
    Hey Ken,

    Thanks for dropping by.

    Just had a look at the book, and I must say it has "divorce" written all over it.

    One question - how do I convince the Minister for Finance I need a metal work lathe to build wooden things?

  6. #15
    Hey,

    Glad you're enjoying the book.



    I've been very fortunate in the MoF department; mine has quietly tolerated an airplane project (and part of a second), several project bikes, and now a kit car. If I knew the formula, I'd bottle and sell it, but it's just luck and I can't help you there!

    Ken

  7. #16
    Overlord of Music dave.king1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Woonona by the sea
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by KenHMT View Post
    Hey,

    Glad you're enjoying the book.



    I've been very fortunate in the MoF department; mine has quietly tolerated an airplane project (and part of a second), several project bikes, and now a kit car. If I knew the formula, I'd bottle and sell it, but it's just luck and I can't help you there!

    Ken
    What car kit are you building Ken, a few of us one here have Lotus 7 inspired kits or scratch builds

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    What car kit are you building Ken, a few of us one here have Lotus 7 inspired kits or scratch builds
    Hi Dave,

    I'm building an Ultima GTR. Just beginning to work on mounting engine ancillaries to the firewall. I'm hoping to be done toward the end of the year, but don't quote me.

    Ken

  9. #18
    Overlord of Music dave.king1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Woonona by the sea
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by KenHMT View Post
    Hi Dave,

    I'm building an Ultima GTR. Just beginning to work on mounting engine ancillaries to the firewall. I'm hoping to be done toward the end of the year, but don't quote me.

    Ken
    Nice, I do like the Ultima, Lee Noble designed some nice stuff before deciding to become a proper manufacturer
    Last edited by dave.king1; 16-09-2015 at 12:15 PM.

  10. #19
    Overlord of Music kimball492's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,080
    Thanks Dave much appreciated

  11. #20
    Overlord of Music dave.king1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Woonona by the sea
    Posts
    2,721
    Thought I'd put another idea out there.

    For a fret levelling bar I "may" have entered the green shed and come out with a spirit level of suitable length

    Cheap as chips and has two machined surfaces to attach the paper to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •