Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fixing a dirty finish

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Yeah 2k is nasty and I will never use the gear again. And I hear Nitro is just as bad for you. There has to be something else.
    The only things I have found that wont kill you are DT, shellac and wax finishes...

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    The only things I have found that wont kill you are DT, shellac and wax finishes...
    I've been tempted to try DT, it smells so good!

JK

Awesome to hear shellac is a go. Still hanging to get the new 7 to use my blue dt but it's also nice to have a few options for custom builds down the track. Thanks dB.

I'm also keen to use DT on the LP.... That would be very cool to do a DT triple burst!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdosborne View Post
    Greg Koch (Fender Roadshow) made a comment in regards to all the 'F' custom shop guitars he tests. He suggested he had a general dislike for reliced guitars, however as they have less finish (nitro) on them their tone was far superior to a 'standard' finished axe.

I recently rebuilt a mim tele that was covered in that awful poly finish. Sounded like a dead squid. I refinished in Wudtone and about 3 layers of top coat - it now sounds totally awesome (with no fuzz effect !)
    Yep, its all about less finish is best...
    BTW, I absolutley detest those rip off relic things that F are foisting on folk... I mean, who in thier right mind is going to pay 38k for a 5150 Frankenstrat copy?

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

$37k is in the name

Bit rich. I've got a chisel and an old ibanez begging for a paint job. Bet I could do it for cheaper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bargeloobs View Post
    I agree, a little goes a long way, but to say "when players use the fuzz pedal tone is not even in the equation"...nope, you should retract that immediately;-)
    Notice I said players, not Guitarists.... Massive difference

I mean, who in thier right mind is going to pay 38k for a 5150 Frankenstrat copy?
    Hahaha Probably lots of idiots with too much money. People buy Lamborghini's...

Notice I said players, not Guitarists.... Massive difference
    Hey hey, don't go all politician on me;-)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast