Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Extramural Activities, Hidden Talents and Hobbies...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Extramural Activities, Hidden Talents and Hobbies...

It's no secret that we're all in love with building guitars, everything guitar related and by default music in general.
    The question here is...what floats your boat when you're not building guitars or writing,playing and listening to music?
    Got a model railway, like to base jump from tall objects, taxidermy maybe?
    Let's hear em folks!.

Me, I've been known to dabble with the brushes from time to time, also surfing was a huge part of my life until I moved to Australia, unfortunately it's just not possible anymore:-(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abstract.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	1531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coop.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	1532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raglan Sunsets.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	1533  

nice paintings Barge, you have a talent there for sure.
    Don't really have any hidden talents, just love building other things in the workshop other woodworking projects, love watching AFL, cricket (I just learnt you hate it !), huge motorsport fan and occasionally take my worked V8 ute onto a track tune up session and leave a bit of rubber down haha
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    nice paintings Barge, you have a talent there for sure.
    Don't really have any hidden talents, just love building other things in the workshop other woodworking projects, love watching AFL, cricket (I just learnt you hate it !), huge motorsport fan and occasionally take my worked V8 ute onto a track tune up session and leave a bit of rubber down haha
    You can't get a better hobby than sports Wokks, especially motorsports!!
    Watching cricket, nup sorry...I'd sooner watch grass grow. If you want me to jump in and play, hell yeah I'm keen, otherwise....

Quote Originally Posted by TC1600 View Post
    Wow Barge, that's some amazing artwork! I'm very envious of your talents I would have thought Australia would have been right up your alley as far as surfing goes, But admittedly I don't know what area you're in.

I'm a huge petrolhead, I've had cars that I would spend every weekend under the bonnet of, but I must admit the interest has started to wane of late, being a mechanic by trade means the thought of doing it all weekend too doesn't appeal as much as it used to, and cars can be absolute money pits! You guys have no idea how cheap this hobby is! I also love my motorsport, I used to be involved (racing karts, then Formula Vee), but these days I'm an avid spectator and online racer. I'm loving the fact Aussie drivers have enjoying success on the international stage!

Don't get me wrong, Aussie has world class waves, just look at how many world champions have come out of this country over the years. Unfortunately just not where I live, and the closest bit of shoreline gets zero swell and is renown for white pointers, pretty much a bitey lake.
    Working on cars has become a bit of an unwanted hobby of mine too throughout the years, believe me, I own a money pit right now and the bottoms getting deeper I swear! Sometimes I hate cars more than cricket!!
    Last edited by Brendan; 23-12-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Wow Barge, that's some amazing artwork! I'm very envious of your talents I would have thought Australia would have been right up your alley as far as surfing goes, But admittedly I don't know what area you're in.

I'm a huge petrolhead, I've had cars that I would spend every weekend under the bonnet of, but I must admit the interest has started to wane of late, being a mechanic by trade means the thought of doing it all weekend too doesn't appeal as much as it used to, and cars can be absolute money pits! You guys have no idea how cheap this hobby is! I also love my motorsport, I used to be involved (racing karts, then Formula Vee), but these days I'm an avid spectator and online racer. I'm loving the fact Aussie drivers have enjoying success on the international stage!

I guess my hobbies are:
    Being a pest
    Hand raising birds
    Being a pest
    Banishing people to the naughty room (Bargie, four life sentances for not liking cricket)
    Being a pest
    Stirring Wokka
    Being a pest......

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    I guess my hobbies are:
    Being a pest
    Hand raising birds
    Being a pest
    Banishing people to the naughty room (Bargie, four life sentances for not liking cricket)
    Being a pest
    Stirring Wokka
    Being a pest......
    hehehehe "4 life sentences". Beer, pizza and wi-fi......I guess I'll find a way to deal with it:-)

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    I guess my hobbies are:
    Being a pest
    Hand raising birds
    Being a pest
    Being a pest
    Stirring Wokka
    Being a pest......
    DB, that's MY job!!!
    I like to build axes (pretty given), keen cyclist, loves cricket (Barge beware) and AFL, and most forms of motorsport, mainly F1 and the V8's!

haha DB you have nothing on the real Pest aka Keloooe !
    Looks like Bargie will be enjoying a coopers pale ale with us in the NR.
    You do a great job of stirring me and sure I give it back you being a Pies fan.
    Not much of a big bash semi final tonight Sydney Sixers into the final.
    On a bright note DB gave me one life sentence off my 3 life sentence in the naughty room so not sure if I should be happy about that !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Cars here too, funny how common that combination seems! My two cars are a '79 Ford f250 (4 speed manual, mild 351 clevo) and a '68 MG Midget (heavily modified engine and suspension, Toyota 5 speed box). Don't own a modern car, and my commute is a ~120km round trip.

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast