Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Extramural Activities, Hidden Talents and Hobbies...

Bwahaha I hope that's a joke DB. a pink electric bike. If I see it at your place tomoz I'll be laughing too much to do any work haha
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Its not pink.
    It is violet......

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Infact, it is very close to Dockers colour.....

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Nice artwork Barge! Any one of them would be in the pool room at my place (if I had one)... Noodling with building guitars has given me the opportunity to branch out and I've started bending wood into rings... Started with a couple for my wife and I've now given a couple away to close friends and family.
    Miss Fiona is the lucky recipient of one of these rings.
    They are exsquisetly beautiful.

DB thats no excuse a violet electric bike, and no its nothing like the manly colour of the Dockers ! If it was a real power assisted bike it would make noise !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Quote Originally Posted by dingobass View Post
    I guess my hobbies are:
    Being a pest
    Hand raising birds
    Being a pest
    Banishing people to the naughty room (Bargie, four life sentances for not liking cricket)
    Being a pest
    Stirring Wokka
    Being a pest......
    hehehehe "4 life sentences". Beer, pizza and wi-fi......I guess I'll find a way to deal with it:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Nice artwork Barge! Any one of them would be in the pool room at my place (if I had one)... Noodling with building guitars has given me the opportunity to branch out and I've started bending wood into rings... Started with a couple for my wife and I've now given a couple away to close friends and family.
    Wow that's pretty cool man!

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
    Cars here too, funny how common that combination seems! My two cars are a '79 Ford f250 (4 speed manual, mild 351 clevo) and a '68 MG Midget (heavily modified engine and suspension, Toyota 5 speed box). Don't own a modern car, and my commute is a ~120km round trip.
    Give me an older car to work on any day of the week, the moment they started putting computers in cars things all turned pear shaped!
    I've got a VX at the moment that will just stop at random intervals just when you need it to least, sometimes it starts straight back up, other times you have to wait half and hour...an hour, imagine how much fun that is on a hot day with the kids in the car.
    Went to the trouble of buying a diagnostics cable/software and have since replaced the fuel filiter, 2 O2 sensors, the ignition module and the coil pack after receiving those error codes on the diagnostics, long story short, it's still doing it....and giving me the same error codes even after replacing. Now I'm getting errors for the camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor which I can't do myself anyway because you need a special tool to get the pulley off the front of the motor.
    Computers.....overrated! (and not as smart as they make out)
    Last edited by Brendan; 23-12-2015 at 09:22 AM.

I guess building and playing guitars is a given on here.

There seems to be a certain dislike for cricket so to balance it up a bit I am about to complete the 51st year since first playing mens cricket ( got graded from school at 14 ), there have been a few seasons off along the way and this will be the last season because the body can't take any more.

I have posted this elsewhere, but this one is my 4th car build from scratch ( not a kit ) and I may do one more. This was at Eastern Creek in August last year
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FoSC Eastern Creek 186.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	1543  

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    Barge, awesome artwork now I know where your guitar design talent comes from! In our house apart from guitars and everything else related building model aeroplanes or anything else that flies is the flavour of the moment. We currently spend quite a bit of time naffing around with a remote control helicopter which is fun.
    Current Projects
    #Planning 5 String Bass

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast