Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Testing Hardware Options

Testing Hardware Options

Check out the standard TL-1, now with Hardware/No Hardware Options.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/g...ic-guitar-kit/

Keen to hear what you all think about the options, prices (remember they are likely to go up) and functionality.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Can the system handle three menus? Hardware (chrome/black/gold), Pickguard (yes/no), Pickups (yes/no). Maybe even include 'electronics' as part of the Pickups option, as people upgrading their pickups will likely be upgrading the pots, switches and caps as well.

I like how the image changes to reflect the hardware choice, very useful, and the clear price change is good too.
    Scott.

Ads some nice options there, I'm liking it. What Weirdy said about 3 menu's may be easier for some users but I like the options available should suit most customers needs. Look forward to seeing these options for some other popular models
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

We can do 3 separate menus as you suggest, Weirdy, but pricing can't be linked between them. So, that won't work with our current platform. We would have to do it on one menu. I'll play around some more tomorrow and see what we can do.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Ads - you will need to be clear with some people - even when they have selected "I don't need no stinkin hardware", when the list below says you get hardware, someone will try it on with "why didn't I get hardware"...

Can you make the list of the kits stock with no hardware, but the selection is "add" with "chrome" hardware automatically "added", but an option to remove all hardware? Clear as mud?

Thinking "Add to my order:"
    with the options being:
    "Nothing - I'm happy with just the body and neck"
    "Chrome hardware and pickups but no pickguard"
    "Chrome hardware and pickups and white pickguard"
    "Chrome hardware, white pickguard, but no pickups"
    "Black hardware, pickups and pickguard"
    "Gold hardware, pickups and psychedelic pink pickguard"

Alternatively Adam, you might be able to get around Weirdbits' idea without 3 lists - use 2 tick boxes for the add pickup, pickguard. Not sure how that will work, but it might be dealt with differently within the software.

good idea Bman, best that the option description is clear and concise so the customer knows exactly what they are/aren't getting in the order
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Agree with the comments above, but looks good. A little surprised at black hardware being $20 (making black hardware effectively $50 compared to $30 for chrome) more than chrome as it's normally roughly the same price to buy elsewhere, but I don't know the difference in cost to you, and it's still great to have the option. If you wanted my suggestion, I wouldn't have blinked at $10-15 difference. Price drop without the hardware is good I think, not extreme but a good saving for those who want to upgrade or use hardware they already own. Pickups don't drop much off the price, but I assume they don't cost you much, and I think most people will be happy just to get a small saving and not have the stock pups lying around if they plan to upgrade straight away. Can't comment on the gold hardware price as I've never been much interested in gold hardware and don't know what it would normally cost!

I definitely think having the options separated would be the ideal choice, but I think the single drop down would work. Would be good to have all the options (e.g. Black hardware, no pups, no scratchplate) available.

One thought I had - offering kits without hardware, do you want to provide undrilled kits or list the specs of the holes in the kits (post spacing, stud diameter etc)?

Out of interest, is there any possibility of nickel and black nickel options? Easy enough to buy separately if not, and maybe not a big enough seller to be worthwhile, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post

One thought I had - offering kits without hardware, do you want to provide undrilled kits or list the specs of the holes in the kits (post spacing, stud diameter etc)?
    There's a subject I've brought up in the past (more than once) is the quality of the hole placement (especially the headstock's). Not sure if anything's been mentioned to the suppliers but in my opinion, if they can't get it right they should just leave it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast