Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Side Mirrors

Dirty Side Mirrors

After what seems like an eternity away from the guitar me and the Bladecatcher finally got to sit down and write a little track together, just a few simple riffs and me attempting to sing...

https://soundcloud.com/sodacupkiller...y-side-mirrors
    Last edited by bargeloobs; 18-12-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Hot stuff 'Loobs! ... I like! ... and the "Fire in the Radio" demo's were really good too! ... are you doing any gigs?

Interested to hear what rig you running (p/ups, pedals, amp, etc) on this track

"SodaCupKiller" ... ... love the name!

Wait a minute ... that sounds like Rock and/or Roll!

SG-1 ... "Little Miss" finished in Flamenco Cherry Wudtone
    TL-1A ... "Slugger" finished in Antique White Nitro
    EX-1 ... "Metal God" finished in nickel-plate (work in progress)
    ST-1A ... "Scrapper" stained and finished in linseed oil ... and with the "secret weapon"
    GR-1SF ... "Rocker-billy" (just arrived, work in progress)

Sexy tone.............. and I'm not talking about the guitar

I really love the metallic sounding "clank" when you mute the strings! What are you using for drums? They're quite well recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott J. View Post
    Hot stuff 'Loobs! ... I like! ... and the "Fire in the Radio" demo's were really good too! ... are you doing any gigs?

Interested to hear what rig you running (p/ups, pedals, amp, etc) on this track

"SodaCupKiller" ... ... love the name!
    Hey Scotty, unfortunately now that the missus is working nights me doing any sort of gigging is pretty much impossible at the moment, although I did play a 40th a little while back. Just a few acoustic sets but it was good to get out and play again.
    It was a bit of a slap together this track and I didn't even go through the amp, I played direct through my M-Track interface and recorded into FL-Studio using Guitar Rig. I used the "Super Clean Funk" preset then added a reverse grain effect to the rack for that real gritty sound as well the "Big Fuzz" effect which is very similar to the "Big Muff" pedal for a bit more dirt.
    The SD invader pups almost distort the signal anyway being that they're so hot so that really added to the grainy guitar sound I was looking for.
    I just recorded the vox with a SM-58 with a bit of compression and FL-Studio on board distortion (Fruity Fast) I think it's called.
    @ihasmario I just programmed the drums in FL-Studio, it's got a real nice step sequencer and I've built up a pretty good library of samples over the years so yeah...they're not too bad. Hoping to build a little studio next year so a drum booth is on the cards, you simply can't beat the real thing (excuse the pun).
    Thanks for having a listen guys.

Edit; that ":Fire in the Radio" stuff ain't mine, I reckon those lads are from Philly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fruity Fast Distortion.JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guitar Rig 5 Settings.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	905  
    Last edited by bargeloobs; 19-12-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Been playing round with a little prog number on the "Bladecatcher", not finished but getting there for anyone who cares to have a listen.
    https://soundcloud.com/sodacupkiller/exemplar

I really liked around 2:10 :P

Overlord of Music
    Oh man, that was great...like really, really great! The keys that came in at the solo; amazing.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Quote Originally Posted by pablopepper View Post
    Oh man, that was great...like really, really great! The keys that came in at the solo; amazing.
    I'm glad you liked it man.
    Bonus, I've only just hooked back up with a vocalist I worked with ages ago and I'm hoping with the right vox it should take it to the next level, it's still yearning for a big outro I reckon but as you well know, these things take time.
    Definitely got promise.

Dirty Side Mirrors... someone has been channelling their inner Jack White! Wicked.

Your prog stuff was great too man - reminded me a lot of Rush. Could quite easily chill out with that stuff mate.

The prog track is amazing Bargey! Really really cool dude. Loved it.

cheers,
    Gav.
    --
    Build #01: BC-1
    Build #02: ST-1
    Build #03: JR-1DC
    Build #04: ES-2V
    Build #05: ESB-4 (GOTM July 2014)
    Build #06: RC-1
    Build #07: MK-2
    Build #08: TLA-1
    Build #09: JR-1DC