Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New layout for Guitar Kits menu

Yes Andrew, they're just trying to source reliable hardware, but hopefully we can supply a hardtail and softail version of the IB-7 in an 8 String. No idea on price yet, but I imagine it will be pushing the $300 barrier, considering how badly the Aussie dollar is doing.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

I might be completely wrong, but the couple guys here who might be interested in the kits would probably upgrade most of the hardware any way. So maybe if it is the bridge that's a pain to source, I wonder if its possible to supply an 8 string ready body with absolutely no hardware, all the routes done and tuner holes drilled, and leave it up to the builder to spec out. Might work out cheaper too.

And scale lengths, if still 25", may be an issue.

Well, I guess it's up to you guys in the know to advise us. I know that I lot of the inquiries coming through are for Baritone scale, but I'm open to ideas. What scale should they be?

It's potentially a big market (7 and 8 string guitars), I even got asked for 9 and 11 string kits. I think I literally face-palmed when those came through.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Yeah look, I'm a metal guy at heart, love my ib7, an 8 string is pushing it, but a 9 is just stupid. I'll try to find the rob Chapman vid where he demoes a schecter 7, 8 and 9.
    Early 8's were 27", but even then the string tension was a bit loose. Ibanez are 28-30 now, as is esp. Consensus is 28" for standard but if your planning to drop tune, 30". Personally I'd go 30".

Watch "7 vs 8 vs 9 String Challenge with Schecter Guitars" on YouTube
    7 vs 8 vs 9 String Challenge with Schecter Guitars: http://youtu.be/AODbK4Mq73o

Just bought a schecter SLS blackjack 7 string Awesome.
    Adam rather than send email if possible will reserve an ash 7 iceman and 7 explorer if possible. Do you want deposits? Would the explorer be ash?
    Tony

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    Thumbs up from me, I like the new menu structure for kits. To me feels more logical in its groupings

Ibanez 8 strings are 27" and theyre pretty good in terms of tension if theyre string through. The string through adds a little distance for extra tension but the scale length is unaffected because the saddles are further up the string length.

You're right, and the guitar shop in Mackay lied to me. They had an s 8 with a trem I tried out a while back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast