Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SV-1 "Cracked" Body

Folks, we've got a complete SV-1 kit here and the body, which is a 4-piece (yes, 4 pc), has a few "cosmetic cracks", which look like they've been glued.

I don't think there's anything structurally wrong with this kit, it just needs a bit of extra work getting rid of some glue and maybe making sure the join areas are not going to come apart in the future (perhaps some serious re-gluing and clamping is in order).

These sell on special for $199 (normally $225 RRP), and it's all yours for just $120.00.

I have included 8 new photos of the body in the Gallery section, so make sure to scroll through those.

Here's the link to view/buy it: http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/g...r-kit-seconds/
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Eureka!

She's mine 8-)
    After dipping out on some other super bargains, I'm now a happy little Vegemite.

Thanks Adam.

And sold to Maxaxe! Nice work Max.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

What's the bet it doesn't look like an SV-1 when he's finished...
    Scott.

[Mutters to himself] "I wonder what the old mad professor has got in mind for this one"?

Might even be enough work for max just getting rid of the glue to actually build a guitar looking guitar?

Nah! who am I kidding! Not OUR MAD-MAX!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

SV-1 rocked up this morning - jeepers our Phil is Phast off the mark dispatching kits

I reckon the kit is a bargain with the minor "cracks" being readily fixable.
    This one will sit quietly in the cupboard until inspiration strikes. My first thought is to fit it with a sustainer unit, be it Fernades, Sustainiac or DIY to get some semblance of the sound Mr Vai generates.
    Wish I could play even 1% like he does

Overlord of Music
    Fast forward six months...

'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from pablopepper on September 23, 2014, 19:16
    Fast forward six months...

Pabs, Max has quietly emailed the Mods to ask you to please remove the hidden camera's from his mancave....this 'reveal' was supposed to have been a surprise!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

"Fast forward six months..."

"Pabs, Max has quietly emailed the Mods to ask you to please remove the hidden camera's from his mancave....this 'reveal' was supposed to have been a surprise!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast