Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: JB-4 Hellboy

Another successful day today.
    A quick visit to the DB mancave with Hellboys neck.
    And out with a whole lot of smoothness..
    BYE BYE SPEED HUMPS

fretless goodness, cool

I'm keen to see how the new DT red comes up when it's done. Looks pretty spiffy already - enough to reiterate; maybe basses CAN be sexy?
    Love the subtle mod to the headstock shape too.
    Silly question - how do you plan to fill in the fret slots?

Yes love a fretless
    The photos don't do the Karijini justice its a super sexy colour
    And Max Basses are always sexy
    With the frets, still in 2 minds about this one
    May go with the plastic plant label solution or I may do pearl strip inlays again.
    Going to ponder my options on this one

Black MOP Tim - you can't go white on the HELLBOY....I'd offer you some grey plant labels I have here, but I think that they'd be worse than white...

Alternatively - ebony timbermate. You're going to fix the board with CA glue, so the timbermate should have ample CA to hold it in place.

Third option - copper strips (plant pot labels). Would go with the gothic feel of Hellboy.

Oooo fretless, very nice . This might seem like a silly question which probably has an simple workaround but I can't help notice there's some quite severe chip outs from where the frets were removed, what's the plans for fixing this Tim?

Brendan I looked into doing the plant labels and the black MOP, but think I may have found another option.
    Time will tell. Could be a complete disaster.
    Nige the chips look worse on the photo than thay are in real life. Once the slots have been cleaned,new inserts glued in and its all sanded down to a super sexy smooth finish you wont even know. Well that's the plan LOL

Of all the jobs, ripping out speed humps is my favourite

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Overlord of Music
    You guys have got me interested. I've played bass for 15+ years and never played on a fretless. Maybe for my next one. Maybe.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from Tim on September 24, 2014, 07:58
    Brendan I looked into doing the plant labels and the black MOP, but think I may have found another option.
    Time will tell. Could be a complete disaster.
    Nige the chips look worse on the photo than thay are in real life. Once the slots have been cleaned,new inserts glued in and its all sanded down to a super sexy smooth finish you wont even know. Well that's the plan LOL
    Ahh roger that man:-) Looks like you've got it under control anyway. It's gonna be beautiful when all finished!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast