Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrews tla

there should be a song written called 'the earth blues' DO DOO DOO DOO haha. Look forward to a sound demo, what are the pups Andrew, toneriders ?
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Yeah man, then halfway through the guitar cuts out, some mumbling, and then carry on. They are gfs blades.

The printer is off but still conneected to power, yes? Does it stop tiggering the sound if the printer is unplugged from the power point? What wiring layout did you use and can we see some pics of your wiring? And, just out of interest, are you testing it with a modelling board/amp?

Wokks, how about Hendrix's Earth Blues?
    Scott.

Hey weirdy yep printers off, but connected to the same power board as the amp, which is a peavey vypyr modelling amp. The schematic is used was from guitar electronics, 2 humbuckers one volume one tone, 3 way lever, coil tap for each pick up. I'll post some pics when I get home tonight but I have a feeling something is earthing against the control plate. It was a pretty tight squeeze to get the coil tap pots and all associated wiring in.

Before you re-open the control plate and start re-wiring, do a few tests first just to narrow down what's going on:

1. Does the USB lead trigger the sound with the printer still plugged in but switched off at the power point/board?
    2. Does it trigger the sound if the printer is physically unplugged from the power point/board?
    3. If you can, try testing the guitar with a standard amp (non-modelling, even just a headphone amp), does the sound stll cut out or is it just very low volume?
    Scott.

Hey weirdy, so the guitar doesn't work through my tube amp either, or with a different lead. I unplugged the usb lead from the printer and it won't trigger the sound through either amp, same story if the lead is still connected and the printer is unplugged from the board. Another thing I noticed last night, leaving all controls alone the guitar will make noise for about 10 minutes then shut off, touching the lead to a metal part won't make it kick off again till I unplug the guitar lead for a few seconds, then plug it back in, touch with the usb and it's making noise. I might try taking the control assemble out of the body and seeing if it works. When the leads are in the cavity, maybe something is bending and earthing where it shouldn't.
    Last edited by ponch; 06-12-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Can you check it with the printer plugged in to a switched off power point? Need to see if it is somehow being triggered by a DC voltage through the USB when the power point is on.

I'm thinking your cap could be the area to focus on.
    Scott.

Yeah mate tried that too. Moved the amp to a separate wall outlet with nothing in it, and switched off the outlet that had the board with the printer on it. Did not trigger sound.

Ok, so it is an active USB that's triggering it. I'm guessing it's a cap related issue.
    Scott.

Ok sweet. I'll do some further investigation tonight.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast