Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenns STA-1

Kit arrived today (thanks chaps!) from last weekend's sale. It would be very difficult for a $20 strat kit to look bad, but I am stoked with the figure in the grain on this ash body. There are two quite minor fill patches on the bottom edge, but otherwise it is a glorious piece of wood. The neck fits extra-snugly into the neck pocket, and so the whole process looks like I can concentrate on finishes rather than engineering.

I think I'll be going for a black to dark blue burst on the body with this one, and using the stock parts (at least for now). Concept as pictured below.

I'll also be parallel building with a mate who wants a P-bass (acquired and delivered for birthday last week), who lives 45 mins away, so it'll happen as opportunity presents.

Here we go again!

yeppers. shall do.

Don't have a name yet. I'd like to maintain the theme established with the Yellow Peril and the Red Menace, but all I have is the Blue Thunder (and I really don't like that), so consider this an invitation to nominate the name that will go on the headstock.

How about "The Blue Max"
    After the film/German medal, not after my humble self of course :P

Naturally not, Max! 8-/ I'll put it in the hat, but I'm not sold on that one.

Blue meanie?

Blue Steel :P

Overlord of Music
    Nice one.

Blue moon. Code blue. True blue. The blues.

'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Overlord of Music
    Blues clues?

Maybe not.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast