Thread: LP-1S with chip in Veneer only $125

Hi Folks,

This LP-1S has a really amazing spalted maple veneer, one of the best I've seen, but it's got a small chip in the veneer at the back. It's about 5mm square.

Not big deal for those who know what they're doing, but we can't sell it as a perfect kit.

These are normally $219, but this one is just $120.

As you can see, the back of the body if perfect as is the rest of the kit.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/g...mperfect-sale/

Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Adam, how is the veneers surrounding the chip? Is it likely to chip off or is it just an isolated thing

Hi Andrew, I think that second photo shows the worst of it. The area immediately surrounding the chip does look a bit ratty, but so do some areas on most of the spalted maples I've seen; seems to be the nature of that veneer (remembering it's a wood virus). I think if you are confident in removing a section of veneer (say 1cm square) and patching with a close match, then this could turn out great. Also, for $120, you could just timbermate that area and paint it a solid colour and have an awesome Mahogany body LP!

Cheers,

Adam

Awesome, mine! The link above is down though so when it's up I'll bag it for sure. It'll be a good practice run for the baritone. I'll timbermate the hole, stain the body and that part around the edge airbrush a black burst ala the clear coat video in the guide section.

And... SOLD to Andrew.
    Cheers,

Adam

BARGAIN!

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Yay! She will be treated with love, care, respect and a metric tonne of rocking woman tone.

damn I never saw this new section on the forum. I'll be keeping an eye out for bargain kits !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in