Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beatle Bass HB-4S in Carmine Gypsy

Love it!

Looks great! Good to see you're enjoying playing the process. All the best with your future builds.

Has this been entered in GOTM yet? Hope to see it in the line up.
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

excellent job Tommy, it looks great

Happy to report that the neck is in correct position and the bridge in the right place. The play action is now perfect! Both my boys had a great time belting out bass riffs all night long. Pity that the viola bass is not really that suited for bass slapping... Maybe I will need to build a solid body bass.

I also earthed the tailpiece (and by extension the strings) by soldering a wire from inside the strap pin to the the circuit's ground.

Mentor
    Wow. Just love the cap on that and it shows beautifully through the Carmine Gyspy. I bet this 'Paul' bloke would've rather had that colour. Still... his loss.

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from lawry on June 17, 2014, 07:53
    Wow. Just love the cap on that and it shows beautifully through the Carmine Gyspy. I bet this 'Paul' bloke would've rather had that colour. Still... his loss.
    LOL! This certain Paul guy didn't have enough money at the time (because he was just some struggling muso) and so he can't afford the Carmine Gypsy and instead spent 30 pounds on the student model in burst!

nice earthing fix Tommy. You really scored such a beautiful spalted cap. I think you will inspire more forumites to try carmine gypsy on a spalted cap
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Mentor
    /<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from tommycng on June 17, 2014, 13:46
    /<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from lawry on June 17, 2014, 07:53
    LOL! This certain Paul guy didn't have enough money at the time (because he was just some struggling muso) and so he can't afford the Carmine Gypsy and instead spent 30 pounds on the student model in burst!
    He must be still struggling because he's still got it!

Can I ask, did you use anything before the red to make those Spalt lines pop? they really show up on your beautiful build, wondering if you had to ink it and sand it first, or is that just the natural spalting under the carmine?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast