Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The "Blacktop" writes her first song

/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from lawry on June 8, 2014, 18:54
    /<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on June 8, 2014, 17:59
    Don't do that, throw me your address (sodacupkiller69@gmail.com) and I'll send you out a CD.
    I wrote it all (bar the covers) then just assembled musos I knew and some I didn't to help finish stuff off (mainly on vocals coz I'm a shit singer)
    Thanks, but too late. And for the record (pun intended) it's worth every cent.
    Anyway, it's a cool album, man, and it's nice to listen to indie stuff like this.
    So where do you record?
    Cheers.
    Well it's much appreciated Lawry...seriously.
    To answer your question I do 99% of my recording at my battlestation at home (pictured below) going through a little M-Audio interface into Pro-Tools.
    Also me old mate (he's a live sound engineer) out the road has a wicked treated space and I talked him into putting in a control room a little while back so between us both we can do pretty much anything.
    He's got a big room which is great for rehearsals or tracking drums and a smaller treated room on the far wall (you can see the rectangular window in the fourth pic) which is absolutely perfect for vocals, not to mention he's got a shit ton of dynamic and condenser mics for every type of application.

Loved Cats and Dogs and The Argyle.
    Tony

Mentor
    Sounds like you've got everything covered. You get an amazing sound and I can see why your beats are so tight. Those young drummers have such energy yours?

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from vh2580 on June 8, 2014, 23:03
    Loved Cats and Dogs and The Argyle.
    Thanks for having a listen mate, appreciated.

@Lawry - Yeah that's one of my little bandits, I think she's gonna be the musical one. Just turned 4 a couple of days ago and all she wanted was a tambourine and a xylophone so I'm more than happy to encourage that sort of noise:-)

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from ultpanzi on June 8, 2014, 17:21
    Just had an eargasm.
    Haha I missed that one, I cracked up;-) Cheers mate!

Mentor
    And this is where the magic happens at my place. Well, about 3% of the time anyway. The rest is usually crap. It's not ideal but it's the only space I have until retirement. Then watch out, there will be a purpose built studio when we build up north.

Orr sweet mate! I know what you mean about "not ideal" but we make do with the spaces we've got huh, and in all seriousness if you're churning out recordings of the quality I listened to earlier once you build the "purpose built" jobby look out! The cool things you get to do once you retire eh!
    We should collab sometime Lozza, we could easily enough put together a Pitbull guitars online band.

Mentor
    Hmm. I like the sound of that. I've got a grunge track that's been going nowhere for ages. I'll send it to you along with the kids CD so you can have a listen. Do you want individual tracks or just a wave file of the whole thing?

Sweet, individual wav's would be the ideal situation, and the bpm if you know it. Cool beans!

Great sounding track-in-progress.

Nice to hear the LP is up to the job of such a great sounding recording.

Cheers

Darren

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast