Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pitbull Guitars for Newbies

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from wokkaboy on April 24, 2014, 09:42
    welcome Dangerman,
    good choice a tele and azure lagoon wudtone. You will need some decent sandpaper to sand machine marks off the body and neck, worth getting 180, 220, 240 and maybe 320 grit sandpaper.
    I'd buy all your soldering gear and just practice soldering 2 wires together, once you get the nack of it it's easy. Be very careful while soldering its easy to burn any object close or yourself !
    Start a build diary and share your build experience and as others have said there's plenty of help on the forum !

Which tele kit did you order, there's about 9 models available
    Hey Wokkaboy,

The tele kit is the TL-1.. But pending the outcome of this build, there is a good chance I will cover all of the tele kits! Love my telecasters

I do already have some soldering stuff at home but i'll definitely go out and get sandpaper in prep for the build! Thanks for the tips!

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from Fretworn on April 24, 2014, 11:51
    If you are really concerned, take the stress off yourself by paying the extra $$$ to get DB to set up the neck for you. Although, if I can get a guitar neck playable, anyone can.
    Hey Fretworn,

Yeah I think if I get super stuck ill call on the help of some professionals :P But my confidence is growing a little as I read more info about these kits

Welcome and enjoy, great first kit!
    Take your time, read the tutorials, we are all here to help

Quote from stan on April 24, 2014, 18:46
    Welcome and enjoy, great first kit!
    Take your time, read the tutorials, we are all here to help
    And ask questions - if you're not sure or think you're rushing - stop go to your PC and drop a line to the forum. That's saved my axe at least once and would have saved myself a bit of work if I'd taken my own advice once before...
    The guitar will get built - you're better off taking a bit of time and getting it right - especially for a first. You may see some guys (like Wokka) cranking through builds - that said, I think he's done something near 50, so there's a bit of experience below that mild mannered exterior and he also has a couple on the run at any one time. He's also a great bloke to boot, so that's a bonus...

Hey Brendan,

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I can't wait to get started on my build already!
    Even bought a few extra bits for it. I know my biggest problem will be soldering and electronics but I'm optimistic the videos will help me out a fair bit

Welcome Cam, starting my first build as well so I feel ya, helpful bunch here though as you've worked out. Most important, enjoy the journey.

Hi. I've just bought a Thunderbird 4 bass rig kit. I have downloaded the wiring diagram and am very confused! The one I got is the 4 string bass - 3 pots diagram. Both pickups have the same wiring, namely green shielded and soldered together,red and white soldered together and black. The diagram says blue as your hot wire ??? This is where I'm dumbfounded! Could someone please help with a more specific solution or a photo of the wiring. Thanks man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2