Thread: New Pit Bull Guitars "Specs" Project

Folks, I was hoping you could all help us out with a bit of "crowd sourcing" to complete this project.

We're compiling a database of all the specs on every one of the kits we offer. I don't know all the specs and it would be quite challenging getting them from China.

So, I thought I would ask you good people.

At the link you will find a Google Drive spreadsheet with all our kits listed. I've started listing a few of the specs that I get asked for (radius, nut width, etc). Feel free to add any specs that you feel should be included (Ohmage of pots/caps?)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&usp=sharing

If you've just made a kit, then please feel free to update your kit on the spreadsheet.

Any ideas, feel free to email me.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Ads,
    Looks like you need to authorise specific email addresses to modify the spreadsheet - comes up for me as View Only.

Sorry - scratch that - you may need to set the "Anyone with the link" to "Can edit" in the Sharing Settings if you want everyone to post their updates.

Have made some updates - from memory, all the fretboards apart from the IB-6S are 12". The IB-6S is a compound radius from memory (@Lawry / DB???).

yes the IB-6S was a compound radius neck, can't remember what they were, I don't have the radius gauges, DB may remember, think best leave it as compound.
    I'm blown away how many Pit Bull models are available when they are all listed, when I started building them there was 7 guitar kits available.
    Presume the scale length would be calculated as double the distance from nut to centre of 12th fret, if Gav/DB can confirm I can enter some into the spreadsheet. Measuring nut to bridge distance may be out and most 'G' type guitars have an angled bridge.
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

I entered the specs of my JBA-4 as best I could - I wasn't quite sure about the neck profile in particular so feel free to correct it.

STA and TLA and SV Nut sizes are on

Thanks everyone, I might DB to have a look too.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Are you interested in any electrical/technical sound information? I don't shop around for electric guitars but I GAS with the best of them, so a lot of these stats determine which things I buy over something else. I could definitely see it a cool thing reporting the SNR of the circuit (sans pickup, unless I can figure out how I'd go about measuring that) for the purists out there.

If you are I can fill it in when I get to that stage of my kit. Could also be a nice marketing angle for certain upgrades...