Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Acquisition Syndrome Support Group

Quote Originally Posted by Fretworn View Post
    Due to space limitations and a rather foolish agreement I made with my wife, I have had my GAS capped. If I want a new guitar I have to sell one. So I find myself looking for loopholes (eg: a mandolin wouldn't be a guitar and I'm considering updating my lapsteel after finishing the bass and the other kit that is coming later in the year...)

I have a ladyfriend who lives in England (I met her online some years ago), well she suffers from what I would call TAS (Teddybear Acquisition Syndrome), she's mad on teddybears, I think it's part of natural human behaviour to want to collect things, we probably inherited that trait from our hunter-gatherer ancestors who lived in stoneage times.

9 electrics ,1bass, 2 acoustic.
    My GAS is usually under control until similarily to the fire triangle, there is an alignment with alchohol, payday and ebay.
    Tony

I also suffer from a chronic case of AAS.....
    Avian aquisition syndrome...
    After todays shopping expedition i now own 31 birds......

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Oops, sorry... 32 .....

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

wow DB had no idea the bird collection was that big !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Yhep.... It just keeps growing....

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    I seem to have GPAS - guitar parts acquisition syndrome
    I have APAS myself. Got totally engrossed in making valve amps, bought bunches of parts on special when Dick Smith changed direction and then promptly had two kids and haven't touched any of it for over 3 years.

I reckon I've got enough parts (particularly transformers, valves and chassis) to make maybe 6 or 7 little amps in the under 20watt range, another 2 or 3 in the 60 watt range and an 85 watt black face twin.

This from a bass player who is completely unlikely to ever need a 15 watt guitar amp.

I have 2 guitars now. I want 3 more. Those 5 will cover every style I write in. Of course I have no idea where I'll put 3 more guitars.

I was in my local Cash Converters shop last Saturday and saw a couple of Ibanez Electric Guitars, both with Floyd Rose style trems on them, one was going for about $400.00 or so, the other was going for about $600.00, been thinking of putting the cheaper one on layby next fortnight, I totally see how Guitar Acquisition Syndrome can become so insidious, there was also a set of two M Audio Bi-Amped Studio Monitor speakers going for just over $200.00 or so which I might actually buy for my Studio, since I'm making do with a PC sound system with a Subwoofer at the moment.

Yep, I also suffer from Gear Acquisition Syndrome too.

Haha I too suffer from this syndrome. For the life of me I don't know why since I don't have leetz playing skills.

These are my girls thus far.
    Will be building the rest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2096.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	3772

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast