Thread: Blue Burst Advice

Hi Guys

I have been slowly building a Telecaster style kit (Not pitbull). So far i haven't had too many issues...not that putty couldn't fix anyway!

I am about to take the plunge and do a (or attempt) blue burst using Azure Lagoon and Dark Onyx.

I have watched the video from Andy who demonstrates how to do a burst however he doesn't discuss deep coats in the vid. I imagine i would still have to use the deep coats??

Does anyone have any hints or tips for a blue burst? Easiest way to "merge" the black and blue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Overlord of Music
    Hey Tom, I've just attempted exactly what you are asking. Check my 'Pablo's IB-1' build diary.

I had a lot of trouble blending the deep colour (as in it didn't blend at all). It might be an idea to use the azure lagoon deep colour and build up a burst using the base coats on top. I am far from an expert with wudtone though, someone else might have a better idea.

One thing I recommend is have three cloths ready. One for the azure, one for the dark onyx and a dry one to blend. Try not to contaminate the colours with each other.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Hi tommy, deffinatly check out Pablo's build diary.

Here is a link to wierdbits build diary. He used Wudtone to achieve a tobacco sunburst. He goes into some detail on his method.http://www.pitbullguitars.com/?page_...wtopic&t=152.0