Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JM-1 Help

Alright, I know that this doesn't look good but I have no clue how to add a photo. Have tried everything other than writing code, because I can't.

Sorry fellas.

Click the "Reply" button (part of the blue 'Reply | Subscribe | RSS feed' lower and upper right of the page), then there should be three 'Choose File' buttons to upload images below the text box.

Scott.

Mentor
    /<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from cslessar on August 12, 2014, 18:45
    Alright, I know that this doesn't look good but I have no clue how to add a photo. Have tried everything other than writing code, because I can't.

Sorry fellas.
    Don't feel bad about that, mate. You're by no means alone if you're new to the forum. Weirdy has all you need above.

Thanks for the support lads, I got there in the end.

So here are three images of the guitar in progress:

The first is a body shot. I have measured the distance between the hole where the bridge goes to the edge of the bolts where the bridge sits up against and it is 7mm (give or take half a mm)

The second shot is a profile of the bridge in place. As you can see, it will not sit flush against the guitar and bolts.

The third shot is a kind of a diagonal shot of the bridge looking down the body of the guitar where, once again, you can see that the bridge does not sit flush against the guitar.

Also, you can see from the third image above that the bushel also does not sit flush with the guitar.

ok.
    first, the bush can be fixed by drilling the hole slightly deeper.
    or you may be able to file a bit off the bottom of it, there should be plenty of meat there to allow the stud to seat properly.
    Secondly, the bridge actually sits in the vee groove part above the thread (you probs know this so tell me to shut up)

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

BTW, I really like your minimalist approach to the finish... Very slick

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Thanks mate, yeah I was aware that the bridge sits in the vee groove (but I couldn't upload a photo so fair call). The only trouble is when I put the bridge into that groove and screw the bolts down into the bushels, the bridge is really tight against the vee groove such that I don't think I am going to be able to utilise the tremolo once the build is complete.

Should it be that tight?

No... It should not be that tight.
    A work around would be to grab a half round jewelers file and adjust the bridge grooves so it fits properly.
    Prolly only needs a smidge removed to work

I should clarify that it needs to be firm, not loose and wobbly!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast