Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball Wizard

Onwards:

The cigar box style body gluing . . .

A couple more steps forward:

(Pic 1) Built the "core" to which the neck & bridge will be anchored. This is made up from from solid aged pine, glued & screwed.

(Pic 2) The part where luthiers & Pitbull builders are bound to say "WTF?"
    The "core" aligned & setting into place in the body before getting screwed from behind (he he)
    This hideous arrangement will be mostly concealed by the "playfield" at a later stage of construction.

More soon . . .

Mentor

This is just insane. Might have to change your name to Mad Maxaxe.

I'm with you Max - similar to the oak block at the core of Brian May's Red Special.

How to spend a Sunday literally shredding a guitar . . .

As can be seen, I've prefit & cut the speaker holes, the flipper button holes and a recess hole in one side for the effects control plate and the other side for the input/output jack plate.
    The neck has copped a routing all the way down the back to accommodate the wiring pair for the headstock LEDs.

I took heed of the consensual advice from our wizards on here and bought some Timbermate to back fill with - it's great stuff and cleans up with water, a real bonus - thanks dudes! After the rout channel filling is sanded back this will all be hidden under paint matching the body.

Still madly doodling around with artwork/graphics ideas behind the scenes . . .

First fit-up:

Neck with built-up "wedgeheadstock" positioned, speakers in place, effects module (I/O actuated by left flipper button), amp module (I/O/OD actuated by right flipper button), shooter rod (works but no function) and power in/signal out jackplate fitted.

Still much to do . . . . .

Holy cow. This things really coming along.
    I didn't realize you were putting in an amp sim and effects unit. This is going to be an everything but the kitchen sink build.

Now I wonder if somehow you could make the shooter rod actuate a whammy bar. Just a thought.

Mentor
    This is getting more insane each time you post an update. It is so cool.

Hey Dan, Cool idea.

I reckon it would be feasible to operate a whammy system from the shooter rod. After all, they work by simple leverage. A suitable linkage wouldn't be too difficult to make up.
    However, I can't do it at this stage as the axe is already set up to take a Badass bridge.

Below is an early stage pic of the "wedgeheadstock" clearly showing the lateral dowels running through it as suggested by DB for my Stealth project headstock.

Mad Max

Geeze max this things insane . Pete Townsend would have loved to have played it in the song Pinball Wizard

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast