Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Quick Start Guide

Thanks Gavin and Brendan, I think I've addressed your feedback in this version.

http://pitbullguitars.com/wp-content...ds/pdf/QSG.pdf
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Looks pretty good to me. The only thing I noticed is in section 7 'Stringing Up and Intonation' it states '...(see "Truss Rod Adjustment" on the forum)...' but doesn't specify where that thread/post/section is etc. (I think it is actually embedded in the intonation section of Gav's How To without a separate title/post).

The other issue is, as Gav T mentioned, finding things on the forum and even within Gav B's How To, so maybe a stickied post with the title 'Quick Start links' or something like that which is locked (so only mods can post/alter it) and just has menu-style links to each section of the How To and other relevant threads/posts. And, speaking of links, rather that having long, ugly, and untidy looking URL's for links I would suggest naming the important links to match the name/title in the quick start guide, using this format:
    Code:
    [u r l=actual URL here]Nice tidy name for link[/url] 
    ( ^ ^ without the spaces at the start)

ie. [u r l=http://www.pitbullguitars.com/?page_id=42&mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=501.3#postid-17510]Adam's post[/url]
    Which becomes this: Adam's post

And, please, please, please have someone fix that rogue RegEx (guess) that mangles any bolded text anytime the post gets edited or when you do a 'quote' reply and leaves that string of angle brackets, slashes and p's behind: '/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[[ b ]]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/'

Scott.

Looks spot on Ads.

Thanks everyone, I got rid of the reference to Truss Rod Adjustment, I couldn't even find that thread.

I'm going to run with what we've got now and print a couple of hundred copies. Then, we can make any amendments necessary once it's been road tested and we have some customer feedback.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4