Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: In need of wiring expert!!!

That's what I am thinking too Scott. Which pickups are going to be coil split. Bridge, Center or neck? Will only two humbuckers be capable of being switched on or will all three be turned on?
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from Gavin1393 on June 26, 2013, 20:06
    Hi MB69

What are u wanting from your 3 way switch in terms of activating these? I'm thinking you might be better off with DTDP switches to activate the split coils? Let me know.
    well what i was going to do was have the 3 way switch wired so the middle hum bucker which is a p90 pickup on guitar to the out side for neck or bridge position on 3 way so the p90 can be played buy it self ,, then the neck on the over side and bridge in the middle ( there split coil hum buckers) ,, and with the push pull volume pot i can turn them from hum to single and turn vol down to stop the pick up all together ,, so in conclusion is can have single p90 sound ,, hum with p90 ,, humm buy there self ,, single with p90 and hum and etc etc etc !!!

i hope that explained what i was trying to do ,, going for versatile sound- a mix of single , p90 and hum
    DTDP switch is on the bottom of the push pull volume ,, how do i wire to the switch then to pot on top ??

neck split hum ,, middle p90 ,, bridge split hum

Hope this helps....you need to set each push-pull pot up like this.
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

i had seen this!!! but i was confused cos the first prong gos to tone pot and second to the 3 way ,, but the orig wiring my 3 way switch is before the tone so ,, the prong would go to the 3 way then to the tone ,, but in the diagram above ,, i would have to run the first prong to the 3way then the tone ,, DO YOU THINK THAT would work cos i am assuming the first prong would be the hot wire and the 2nd wouldn't be needed cos i would have the 3way before for tone ?? is that right ???

i have one guys thanks for all the input,, iron gear emailed me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2