Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: carls BC1

After about a weeks wait its finally here!
    Cant wait to get started!

Sweet, I've been hoping someone would be doing a build diary on one of these! So much potential for awesomeness....

what colour/colours are you going with for this bad boy?

black magic woman with gold highlights,hope it works,always had to be black tho!

Quote from tigertune on March 19, 2013, 20:10
    black magic woman with gold highlights,hope it works,always had to be black tho!
    Yummy... Sounds like it will be an Axe that you are always going to rely on

Really looking forward to seeing the finished build. If I was a guitar player I'd be building one of these myself.

Good luck Tigertune!

Quote from stui on March 19, 2013, 19:53
    Sweet, I've been hoping someone would be doing a build diary on one of these! So much potential for awesomeness....
    +1.

Looking forward to updates!

Finally got going on this project after a couple of hiccups,I discovered that the saddle part of the bridge was missing,very quickly fixed by the guys.About the second time I took the neck out of the box the nut fell off,easily fixed.I have been doing a lot of research into how I want this guitar to look.I've decided that I want a clearly defined bevel around the outside edge,so that means sanding,I used a few different houshold items for curved sanding blocks,hpoefully the photos show it.I was going to Wudtone but now i'm only using it on the face of the body and doing the rest black with a clearcote over the whole thing.I know I'm not going to get the accoustic benefits,but I dont think this will be the guitar for love songs.

More photos,Black Magic Woman base on.

Carl

Quote from tigertune on April 25, 2013, 16:08
    More photos,Black Magic Woman base on.

Carl

looking great, I also like the way you "re-defined" the edge.think it will make it stand out nicely
    Projects:
    LP-1A
    TL1-A
    LP-1Completed
    TL-1Completed
    Yamaha rebuild: Completed
    Mako -Scratch designed: Completed
    PUP winder: Completed

Facebook : www.facebook.com/andrew.johns.1272010

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast