Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The dreaded quicksand that is inlay

Apart from the inlay you have planned, can I ask what you plan to do about the colour and finish of the guitar... Are you painting, Wudtoning ? Are you planning subtle or loud visuals ?

Quote from Gavin1393 on June 8, 2013, 21:08
    Quote from dingobass on June 8, 2013, 17:30
    Actually, from what I have read shell dust isn't toxic as such.
    The problem is the same as with any fine dust, it could screw your lungs up!
    What!!!????? You mean they lied to me and I dress up like a moron from the times of the black plague for nuthin'
    Better safe than sorry, Gav.

But when you stop and think about it, shell is nothing more than calcium so therefore it is not toxic.

Dust of any kind is not recommended for inhalation, so I would still use a dust mask and have the extractor fan running.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Mentor
    @MikeL- the finish is going to be Amaranthine. When/if it arrives in time... it's a new Wudtone finish in a glorious violet shade, and as the Birthday Boy's fave colour is purple, it makes total sense.

I am also planning the inlay to go on the lower bout of the guitar, closest to the fingerboard. The inlay will be the number 21- unless I can find a suitable BlackJack inlay pre made...
    "Music is in the air; it's my job to pull it out."- Jaco Pastorius

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2