Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bass Bridges

Looking towards my next conquest - figuring with the lead times, I may want to start to place orders for some stuff now - can anyone recommend a decent bass bridge - not sold on the Fender look - personally I rather the Ibanez Monorail type - individual bridges, or something along the Schaller line... At the same time, I can't justify paying as much for a bridge as I do for a guitar - so while the Baddass, etc look nice, just can't justify them - maybe for scratchbuild #2...

Overlord of Music
    Well for what it's worth, I've got a badass II bridge on my Fender Jazz and it is the bee's knees. Best bridge ever, but I can totally understand not wanting to spend $150 on a bridge for a bass that's cost less than that.

I just got one of these for my PBH-4

it's a knockoff Hipshot bridge that cost less than $20 on ebay. It hasn't arrived yet, so when it does i'll let you know if it's any good or not. I figured it was worth a gamble.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Perfect - just the thing...

I would go for the Schaller roller bridge, German made so you know it is good!
    Try not to think of the cost of the Bass compared to any hardware you may want to put on, remember, the better the hardware the better the finished Bass will sound.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Found http://www.buzzardsbass.com/bass-parts.html - seems to have a big range - though is not a fan of Hipshots... Also doesn't publish shipping costs and seems to have been burnt with sending stuff internationally...

Mate, I used Hipshot once.... Never again! Paid 400 bucks for a headless unit that turned out to be made from mystery metal.
    Stripped the g tuner thread when I was setting it up. This meant another three week wait for them to get around to shipping a replacement, which took another two and a half weeks to get to me......

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Hi guys the hipshot single string bridges are dreadful hard to fit very hard to intonate and are and expensive . Also asking hip shot or any fitting info via email
    Falls on deaf ears

Best Wishes
    Kimball

Oh just feel the love for Hipshot.... NOT!
    Over priced pieces of mystery metal.
    Mr Tim has just got himself a Babicz Bass bridge.... One sexy bit of kit! And for what you get, Babicz is very nicely priced.

AsDB mentioned I went for the babicZ bass bridge , really nice and well built.
    My only advice if you want to upgrade your hardware then UPGRADE, dont downgrade.
    Spend the money and do it right once, and the babicz is not a great expense for what you get.

Tim - where did you get it from?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast