Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How to build your Pit Bull Electric guitar

Entering GOTM (Guitar Of The Month)

Pit Bull Guitars encourage you to enter your finished guitar in the Guitar of the Month competition.
    It is a bit of fun and gives you the opportunity to show off your hard work.

To enter Pit Bull Guitar of The Month, you need at least 4 shots of your finished guitar:

Full guitar shot from the front
    close up on the body (get right in there)
    close up of the headstock
    A shot of the back of the guitar

Use a good camera with good lighting to highlight the finish of your guitar.
    Pit Bull Guitars encourages you to use your own logo on the headstock to show you are proud of your work!

A bit of a story line on your build is also appreciated and can make the difference in the competition.
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Hi i carnt seem to find Information on how to install my turnomatic brige on my LP 1 can you please drict me to the right area thanks shelly

Hi Shelly, which part of installing the tunomatic bridge do you need to know ? You should paint/stain finish the body before you knock in the bridge and tailpiece bushes into the body. Don't forget to run an earth wire so the bare wire touches the bridge post bush and runs to the control cavity then knock the bush in making sure it makes good contact with the bare wire.
    Once all 4 bushes are in flush with the body thread the anchor screws and bridge height screws in and slot the tailpiece and bridge ontop, most people face the bridge saddle screws to the neck/pickups but that's a personal preference.
    here's a quick Stewart MacDonald tutorial on the subject
    http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/Repa...ed/i-4557.html
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

how do you install the bridge on an rc-1 , i can't find how to do any ones like it either ?

Hi SB,
    I've not built an RC-1 kit but looking at the picture on the site its a standard tune-o-matic bridge that will be screwed into the bridge bush posts (these will be hammered into the 2 holes south of the bridge pup) and the trapeze tailpiece must screw into the bottom side where the strap pin is located (I am only guessing here)
    I know DingoBass has built an RC-1 and Brendan and Gav Turner are currently building one so they should be able to shed more light.

Completed builds

Wokka.... BWAHHHH Hammered bridge posts... If you have a drill press use that to press the posts in. Hammering 9 times out of 10 will result in some damage to the body, because u you missed the damned post... and how do I know this... experience..
    Kellza
    (PK)
    "Jack of all trades, Master of None"
    "You'll never ever know if you don't have a go"

https://www.facebook.com/PaulWKelly

Avatar Image is a "The headstock of my first scratchy"

The RC-1 bridge screws onto the body of the guitar at the guitar strap point. The bridge is connected at the position where the bridge posts have been pre-drilled.
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

If you dont have access to a drill p[ress to push the bushings in, use a scrap piece of timber between the bushing and your hammer... this will save you marking or damaging the bush and it also absorbes the shock of the hammer blow, converting it to a push rather than a whack!

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

yes I didn't explain myself very well with the use of the word hammering. I don't have a drill press but I use a piece of scrap wood with flat edges to knock the bushes in.
    Touch wood I haven't done any damage to guitar bodies...............yet !

Completed builds

okey dokey , thanks guys

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast