Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quick Reply function

Quote from dingobass on May 14, 2013, 21:52
    It is great to know we have a computer whizz in the family

Your next mission, if you choose it, is to work out how people can change their handle without loosing their postings etc...

If you can work this out we could change Kelooie's handle to PEST!
    MOTION SECONDED AND CARRIED!!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Quote from adam on May 14, 2013, 21:52
    Hey WeirdBits, refer my email, as far as I can see your email is not being deleted.
    Replied. Sorry mate, just a poor attempt at moderation humour.

Scott.

Quote from adam on May 14, 2013, 21:59
    Hey Phloggy, I think the least we can offer you for your effort is a free T-shirt.. what size are you? M, L, or XL?

DB, we can do this, we just delete the account and mark all posts to the new username. It would mean the user needs two email addresses.
    Adam, i was proudly wearing my "Coburn Sound" T-Shirt this weekend.....got mobbed by a groupie who was ADAM ANT that I was in the band....An interesting experience, she was blonde, blue eyes, fairly tall and about 60!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

No problem Phloggy, that's how committed we are to customer service, we have lost the ability to recognize clever quips.

Well played Sir.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Hey Gav, she sounds quite representative of our fanbase. That's why our shows always finish before 9pm.
    Cheers,

Adam

Quote from adam on May 14, 2013, 22:28
    No problem Phloggy, that's how committed we are to customer service, we have lost the ability to recognize clever quips.

Well played Sir.
    ...if only my moderator powers allowed me to launch missiles i wouldn't need a delete button!

Quote from adam on May 14, 2013, 21:59
    Hey Phloggy, I think the least we can offer you for your effort is a free T-shirt.. what size are you? M, L, or XL?
    I like free stuff! I'm normally around an L.

Your next mission, if you choose it, is to work out how people can change their handle without loosing their postings etc...

This is actually pretty doable, only it'd be working directly on the database so it's got the potential to really screw things up.

Quote from phloggy on May 15, 2013, 08:00

This is actually pretty doable, only it'd be working directly on the database so it's got the potential to really screw things up.
    Actually, Adam, can't you do this via the Wordpress Dashboard? Just log in as Admin, go to the Users tab, find Pest and update his nickname?

haha yer, I need my handle changed to Pest!!!

Pest, if you want to change your handle to Pest, then set up a new account with that name. I assume you will need a different email address to do this, so if you haven't got one, just make a new hotmail account.

Then, I'll go and delete your keloooe account and mark all your previous posts to the new Pest account. I think I prefer The Pest... it has more grandeur.
    Cheers,

Adam

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast