Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nick here from Newcastle

I actually like the grey / green grain features of basswood, looks noice!

Some of the examples I've seen are stunning. In my case, not so much. My body was pretty featureless, which was OK because I'd decided on paint a while ago. If the rest of the body was as figured as the bottom piece as mine I might have changed my mind, but it wasn't, so full steam ahead.

I fully intend to do another build after this one, probably a PRS-S1 with a spalted top, in which case you can bet I'll be going down the Wudtone path.

Hi DB

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting the kit (hopefully by next week). I've had my eye on this kit for a few months and I was just waiting for when you guys had it in stock again. I'll take my time building it and will post pictures of the build progress.

Quote from GlennGP on April 27, 2013, 16:43
    Quote from Brendan on April 26, 2013, 22:50
    ... April's winning guitar of the month was Glenn's basswood TL-1 with Wudtone and it looks pretty special - it won out of a group of fantastic guitars (personally love Gav's TL1-TB - again basswood body).
    Kind of you to say so, Brendan.

The basswood is a bit of a lottery, and some people don't like the mineral (grey or greenish) grain that it can carry. Me, I don't mind. As a tonewood it's not at the top of the pile, but it's no slouch. And you can get lucky with some beautiful figuring. If you're unsure, take a look when you get the kit and then make a decision. You'll wait at most a week between decision time and body-finishing, and that's time you'll need for ... sanding!
    Thanks Glenn, and may I say that is one SWEET Tele!! Awesome job 'mate I'm anxiously waiting for the kit so when it arrives I'll make the decision to paint or wudtone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2