Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Black & Blue" TL-1

..except on occasions when you have other non-tele guitars that Adam offers to photograph! Conjugal visits?
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

It looks fantastic, Max, great job.

Scott.

Thank you all so much for the kind comments

Coming from people who do such amazing work, this is really encouraging.
    Thanks for the invite Adam & DB, as it happens I work odd days around the corner in West Perth.
    Will message you when guitar is completed.

Cheers

Max

All done bar intonation, string height and final tweaking.
    Here's three pics of it hanging on the wall . . .

1. Side shot.
    2. Frontal - you can clearly see the cut down body proportions.
    3. Next to its scaly friend, what was a Maton semi-acc EG100.

Very nice Max.

When I first read satin black I was not convinced. But now having seen the finished guitar I am a convert.

rob

Wow, that Maton looks pretty schweet!!! I'm a big Maton fan, don't know why, I just love them!
    Yea, the smaller size does show up when you compare it to the neck and headstock!

That looks awesome, but I have a much more important question. How are they hanging on the wall? What's holding them up?

Please answer soon, as I've just moved house and tomorrow I'm drilling holes in the wall to fit my guitar hangers to.

Thanks guys

OK Phloggy, on the back of the headstock I've got the loop part of a cabin hook from Bunnings (see pic) it's held with 2 screws. On the wall it's just a rawlplug with a slightly cut down cup hook wound in pretty tightly.
    Not everyone likes adding holes to their axes, but this method makes a great concealed hanger and doesn't interfere with playability.

Cheers

Max

I had the pleasure of a visit from Maxaxe today, with his "Black & Blue" TL-1. I took some photos, but I think, in this case, my photos weren't an improvement on Max's. My studio lights just showed up all the dust (from my place).

That said folks, this is a really awesome guitar. It's a subtle finish, but, as I said to Max, it's the kind of guitar that I would head straight to in a music shop. I had a quick strum and, even though it wasn't fully set up, it felt great to play.

And I love the double strap button idea (to stop it falling over when its leaning against your amp).

Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Love the finish, it looks awesome. Very cool, great job Max.
    Scott.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast