Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Step by Step Setting up your PitBull Guitar for Best Intonation

Thanks for that direction, Simon. A little more than I'm capable of doing now, but it's always good to have a detailed reference for the future. And DB: There's a fair bit of sloppiness with the frets as a whole, but they look seated properly.
    I'll see if I can find a luthier to do a quick set up and focus on that one little section...and not have it cost me an arm and a leg. (leg would be fine. I just need both arms for playing)

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Thanks for that direction, Simon. A little more than I'm capable of doing now, but it's always good to have a detailed reference for the future. And DB: There's a fair bit of sloppiness with the frets as a whole, but they look seated properly.
    I'll see if I can find a luthier to do a quick set up and focus on that one little section...and not have it cost me an arm and a leg. (leg would be fine. I just need both arms for playing)
    Make sure it's not the leg you rest your guitar on while playing seated. 😜
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

With both my PB4-H and STA kits the truss rods were way over tightened out of the box and had to be relaxed quite a bit and let sit under tension before starting any setup.

For those of you who have built, or are building, PBG kits that feature a Floyd Rose style Trem, here is a special tool that makes setting the intonation on each string a lot easier, this little device is called The Key, and you can order them online from Stewmac.com.

Here's what it looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Key_resized.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	15761

Normally, when you go to set the intonation on a Floyd-equipped guitar, you usually have to keep pulling on the string anchor-bolt to prevent the string-saddle from sliding forward towards the neck when you loosen the saddle retainer screw, this makes it very hard to set the intonation accurately, with The Key tool, you no longer have to keep the saddle from sliding forwards, it does the job for you, and you are then able to set the intonation more accurately by turning the knurled knob positioned at the end of the tool.

http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools...s/The_Key.html
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 14-12-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3