Thread: New PRS-1S - Question about the bridge.

We've had a few people ask about the bridge set up on the new PRS-1S. People have seen that there are only two holes where the saddle would go and no holes for the bridge. There are, however, six holes, through the body, where the strings go. This is commonly called "string through".

The kits comes with two sets of 6 "ferrules"; one set go in the back of the guitar (and hold the ball end of the strings) and the other set (which are knurled) got in the top of the guitar. So, the strings go through the back, through the small ferrules at the top of the guitar, over the saddle and to the machine heads.

I've taken some quick snaps to show you how these ferrules work. Note: I have not pushed the one at the top all the way in...

Front of guitar (small ferrules)

Back of guitar (larger ferrules)

Trust this addresses anyone's concerns.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Adam, I think the concern was more specifically aimed at the pictures on the Web pages. While the main picture simply shows all the parts including the Bridge, there is a secondary picture which shows the Bridge and a Tail piece in the same picture. I think it is this picture which is confusing people especially when they look at the guitar body and see the two large holes for the bridge and six small holes (for the ferrules since there is no tail piece) and leaves them wondering where the tail piece is supposed to fit....

Really glad that the Ferrules fit so nicely...I butchered my Stew Mac tele as they didnt pre-drill theirs...Damned Drill press didn't have a deep enough mouth so tried a normal drill. wont do that again!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Ahh, ok, its picked up the bridge pic from the PRS-1TS, so I've now deleted that. Hopefully this one is right now.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com