Thread: Hello form Maxaxe in Perth

Another newbie from Perth . . .

Keen amateur (and somewhat radical) luthier and woeful guitar player.
    Just joined and already getting the benefit of advice from Adam and other members - brilliant!
    Sorry, I should have posted on this welcome section before jumping in.
    In my other life I'm a pinball restoration artist, retiree & dreamer.
    Working on my first PB kit - a TL-1. I always wanted a guitar with a blond maple fretboard.
    This will make my 3rd guitar build so fortunately I've had a bit of practice.
    Effort one started as a Maton EG100. Effort two derived from a crappy old Strat copy.
    To sorta paraphrase SOG from Melbourne "These kits save $$$ and time for scratch building"
    Couldn't agree more and the quality is amazing.
    There's lots of interesting stuff on this forum - and I hope to contribute as time goes by.

Cheers

Max

Welcome aboard Max.

Wow, a pinball restoration guy....

Cant wait to see some pinnie inspired artwork to appear on a Pit Bull Axe!

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Hey, welcome Max, I'm looking forward to seeing your builds. Feel free to start a "My Build Diary" in that forum if you like.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Quote from maxaxe on February 21, 2013, 19:25
    Another newbie from Perth . . .

Keen amateur (and somewhat radical) luthier and woeful guitar player.
    Just joined and already getting the benefit of advice from Adam and other members - brilliant!
    Sorry, I should have posted on this welcome section before jumping in.
    In my other life I'm a pinball restoration artist, retiree & dreamer.
    Working on my first PB kit - a TL-1. I always wanted a guitar with a blond maple fretboard.
    This will make my 3rd guitar build so fortunately I've had a bit of practice.
    Effort one started as a Maton EG100. Effort two derived from a crappy old Strat copy.
    To sorta paraphrase SOG from Melbourne "These kits save $$$ and time for scratch building"
    Couldn't agree more and the quality is amazing.
    There's lots of interesting stuff on this forum - and I hope to contribute as time goes by.

Cheers

Max

Hi Max!!! Nice to see you restore pin all machines!!! To echo Dingobass, we would totally love a pinball inspired kit! And, since you are in Perth, when you finish your Tele, pop down and see if Adam is home!!!