Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Postage/Shipping Costs

Hi there,

Here at Pit Bull Guitars we've tried to come up with a fair and equitable Postage charge for our guitar kits.

We've tried Australia Post rates, linked to our site, but that meant a customer living in Perth would pay just $9 and someone in the middle of Queensland would pay $40. We thought this was unfair.

So then we tried a flat rate of $9.95... per order. So, no matter the number of kits you bought you pay just $9.95.

Unfortunately, this just didn't work out, as some of the orders for multiple kits were costing us $70-80 to post. So, all our profits (and more!) were going into postage.

We've now decided to try a flat rate of $9.95 per guitar kit. As most sales are for one or two kits, we feel this is a reasonable cost and is fair to everyone no matter where in Australia the choose to call home.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

You've gotta make a buck Adam, else you won't be there to sell us our next projects. The new rate is still more than fair, no complaints from me.

Seems perfectly fair to me. There's no point in being in business if you're losing money from your sales...

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Please note that Pit Bull Guitars Bass Kits will attract a Flat Rate of $14.95 for shipping. This is because the boxes are bigger and heavier (as you could imagine) and they attract much more postage. The PBH-4 to our friend Craig in FNQ, for example, cost us $54 to post. We will continue to subsidize postage so that everyone gets a fair deal, no matter where they live, but we have to be realistic about what it actually costs us.
    Cheers,

Adam

Quote from adam on March 13, 2013, 15:36
    Please note that Pit Bull Guitars Bass Kits will attract a Flat Rate of $14.95 for shipping. This is because the boxes are bigger and heavier (as you could imagine) and they attract much more postage. The PBH-4 to our friend Craig in FNQ, for example, cost us $54 to post. We will continue to subsidize postage so that everyone gets a fair deal, no matter where they live, but we have to be realistic about what it actually costs us.
    Yea, everyone needs a fair deal on postage... Wow... I didn't expect the boxes to be that much heavier!!!

Adam,

What is usual transit time to the US? I ordered my kit, seems like months ago ( but only two days in reality LOL ), and I am so anxious. I got home from my bike ride yesterday and went looking for the box ( yes, very much the optimist ).

Cheers

Whoa! easy there Mike, this is Australia you're dealing with. Your guitar has been picked up by the horse and carriage Postal Service and Kangaroo sledded to the single Postal Collection Point. From there, it has to be sent to the Prime Ministers Office to have his personal Seal of Approval stamped. Then, it will be loaded on a WWII vintage Viper Dual Prop cargo plane, which should make the US coast sometime around September. From there it's up to the USPS.

But seriously, it takes about a week.
    Cheers,

Adam

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on July 25, 2013, 21:36
    Whoa! easy there Mike, this is Australia you're dealing with. Your guitar has been picked up by the horse and carriage Postal Service and Kangaroo sledded to the single Postal Collection Point. From there, it has to be sent to the Prime Ministers Office to have his personal Seal of Approval stamped. Then, it will be loaded on a WWII vintage Viper Dual Prop cargo plane, which should make the US coast sometime around September. From there it's up to the USPS.

But seriously, it takes about a week.
    It will arrive in the states sometime in October, be stuck in customs for twelve weeks in Oregon. At that time it will be transferred to Arizona or New Mexico for distribution, despached ( note the British spelling ) to Columbus, OH for final delivery to some address in Little River, AR, but only after crushing and folding to make it fit in the mailbox.

I should see it sometime in July ( of 2014 ).

Thanks Adam, that's tremendous.

Cheers

You guys crack me up!

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast