Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: whats this box with my name on it????

Finally, after waiting for this to arrive, I have now received my kit!!!!
    At school, I felt a vibration in my pocket, so after the teacher left, I took a quick look to see that my mum told me it arrived! Ran home, and now my bed has no room on it whatsoever!!!!!
    The frets are nice and shiny, the neck is intact, and everything is where it is supposed to be!!! Plus the inlays look real nice!!!

Thank you all for your contributions to the kit, and what are the 2 massive stickers for????

Cheers,
    Callum

They're the Pitbull Branded earmuffs so you don't damage your ears while sanding.....
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Quote from Gavin1393 on February 1, 2013, 14:06
    They're the Pitbull Branded earmuffs so you don't damage your ears while sanding.....
    Seems Legit!

You must be thrilled! See why we told you to wait until it arrived! Don't rush it now! Good that you have done the 'mock-fitout'. Always a good place to start. Sanding up next. Start with the lower grit numbers and move up to the finer grits. I have been stopping at 180 to 240 lately as I find that the Wudtone seems to sink in best at this grit level. Watch for the glue stains/ residue and any filler....i find its best to make sure its gone completely (glue) and I tend to break up the filler and reseal with Timbermate. Otherwise you end up with a Shadows guitar....it's a bit Apache...(patchy)
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Quote from Gavin1393 on February 1, 2013, 14:26
    You must be thrilled! See why we told you to wait until it arrived! Don't rush it now! Good that you have done the 'mock-fitout'. Always a good place to start. Sanding up next. Start with the lower grit numbers and move up to the finer grits. I have been stopping at 180 to 240 lately as I find that the Wudtone seems to sink in best at this grit level. Watch for the glue stains/ residue and any filler....i find its best to make sure its gone completely (glue) and I tend to break up the filler and reseal with Timbermate. Otherwise you end up with a Shadows guitar....it's a bit Apache...(patchy)
    So max grit for best Wudtone results is 240? And there is no rushing this build!

The stickers are for your car/bike/room/whatever. I only got those made because I used to collect stickers as a kid (our stickers are bit of a nod to the old "STP" stickers).
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Quote from adam on February 1, 2013, 14:33
    The stickers are for your car/bike/room/whatever. I only got those made because I used to collect stickers as a kid (our stickers are bit of a nod to the old "STP" stickers).
    Imagine one of those on the back of a kit! Hmmm.... Ideas are flooding my head at the moment... Must eat dinner first!!!

That is so cool.

Glad you love your kit Callum!

As the Gavmeister so rightly pointed out, do a mock up build first. this will give you a good idea on how everythinfg fits up.
    It will also give you an idea as to how well the neck blends in with the body and how much sanding you will need to do to get the lines running smoothly together from the cut out to the neck and at the top roundy bit...

Enjoy the sanding....

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote from dingobass on February 1, 2013, 20:23
    That is so cool.

Glad you love your kit Callum!

As the Gavmeister so rightly pointed out, do a mock up build first. this will give you a good idea on how everythinfg fits up.
    It will also give you an idea as to how well the neck blends in with the body and how much sanding you will need to do to get the lines running smoothly together from the cut out to the neck and at the top roundy bit...

Enjoy the sanding....
    Yes, the sanding is the fun part!!! DB, how much would Dark Onyx with just the color coat??? And Gav, is Timbermate really needed, or will the Wudtone look nice with no filler at all???

Quote from keloooe on February 2, 2013, 07:25
    Yes, the sanding is the fun part!!! DB, how much would Dark Onyx with just the color coat??? And Gav, is Timbermate really needed, or will the Wudtone look nice with no filler at all???
    The Timbermate would only be used to remove the filler used by the manufacturer to cover up any blemishes in the wood. On its own the natural pores in the wood will be sealed and leveled beautifully by Wudtone....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast