Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rickenbacker style

Quote from dingobass on January 27, 2013, 09:03
    Nice work Stui!

The up side of waiting for your Wutone is sanding.
    Sanding, sanding and more sanding....
    And when you think you have sanded enough, do some more sanding!

This is the secret to a great result with Wudtone, I am sure that Gavin will agree.

Oh, and a Man Cave is an absolute necessity!
    If only I could build my man cave in my backyard without my parents stopping me...

Overlord of Music
    Hey Stui,

Love your work man! If you want to go the whole hog with this, I'd be happy to cut you a custom truss rod cover in the rickenbacker style. Let me know.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Quote from pablopepper on January 30, 2013, 08:08
    Hey Stui,

Love your work man! If you want to go the whole hog with this, I'd be happy to cut you a custom truss rod cover in the rickenbacker style. Let me know.
    Wow! Thanks for the offer Pablo, but I have a very specific idea in my head of how this headstock will look, and the Ricky truss rod cover doesnt fit in with my plans. I'll keep your offer in mind for my next build though!!

Quote from stui on January 27, 2013, 11:05
    Quote from dingobass on January 27, 2013, 09:03
    Nice work Stui!

The up side of waiting for your Wutone is sanding.
    Sanding, sanding and more sanding....
    And when you think you have sanded enough, do some more sanding!

This is the secret to a great result with Wudtone, I am sure that Gavin will agree.

Oh, and a Man Cave is an absolute necessity!
    Haha yeah I already spent a couple of hours on the body yesterday, it's starting to come up nicely. I think I'll have to get a wire brush from bunnings, there are a couple of small spots of wood filler I need to replace by the looks of it. I'll get a head start on wiring up the pots too, may as well have everything ready to go once the paint is done
    Certainly is a distinctive Head might rethink not doing mine now having seen it.

Dude - go for it - adds your own style and makes it more your guitar than someone elses. I know it means a bit of time you can't play it, but...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2