Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

And who says men can't multitask...lol

I have a big shed Andy, so it is more a case if one project hits a wall then there is always another sitting nearby ready and only waiting for more of my time...

I used my winder about a dozen times with no issues, perfect for straight forward winds.
    Then I upgraded to a Schatten winder with all the bells and whistles and have used that a grand total of two times...
    To be honest, whilst winding your own is fun the expense of importing decent wire, bobbins and magnets then with the time spent pfaffing around making, potting and cleaning up after it just simply isn't worth the hassle.. especially when I can get custom wound pickups made to my specs for around the $100 mark that made mine sound like Mariah Carey singing under six foot of wet concrete with a mouth full of dry Sao biscuits...... with the auto tune switched off.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

That's certainly a picture there DB..... Concrete and Sao....

It all depends on what you are chasing after... Having any success in doing it is one thing, getting a consistent quality result can only come after a lot of practice with success.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    That's certainly a picture there DB..... Concrete and Sao....

It all depends on what you are chasing after... Having any success in doing it is one thing, getting a consistent quality result can only come after a lot of practice with success.
    And that is why I get mine made now.. I just don't have the time to put into winding, too busy doing repairs and builds

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin1393 View Post
    Here is the PUP holder again. Nicely slimmed and now sporting a hole drilled in the centre.This is to allow movement of the holder along the motor axle for fine tuning with the guide at the other end!

Four humbucker screws attach the aluminium bracket to the PUP Holder - Note to self! Need to remember to replace those screws or the humbucker ain't going to stay in the guitar too long!

The side nut attaches the aluminium bracket to the axle of the motor. Again adjustable! :P
    Where can I find that aluminum bracket?
    or Can you send me the link to buy it?

Where can I find that aluminum bracke for the motor axis?
    or Can you send me the link to buy it?
    Last edited by Lalo23; 08-01-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8