Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gavmeisters 335 in Blue

Quote from Gavin1393 on January 23, 2013, 15:31
    Fourth and final coat, only because I have run out of the Deep colour.....

Holy *censored, censored, censored* that looks *censored* amazing!

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

What DB said.

Edit: I have to admit Gav, I was a bit worried about this one after the first couple of coats, I thought it looked a tad garish. BUT, after this last coat, the colour has really settled and it looks absolutely sensational. When you've put this altogether you'll have to bring it down to Pit Bull Guitars HQ so we can take some glory shots.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Absolutely Adam! I had to get some critical advice from my Cabinet Maker mate. There were 'polished wood' issues where the Wudtone was not absorbing into the wood at all. Once I got the metal / brass brush and the fact that I dont need to have a completely smooth finish to pain on through my thick skull...it just soaked up the colour and the result it plain to see.

I have tried to chronicle the build so that others who come after me using the same product can see the start and end result. Us pioneers have endured the stress, doubt and angst of watching it come together into its lusturous glory. There were times I looked at the progress and went "No, this doesn't look like it's working - but being a stubborn 'ol bast...d I perservered. Hopefully these pics will encourage others to do the same if ever they are in doubt or at least act as a reference point for them.

DB! Thanks for editing your wonderful comments, off course being able to read minds as Callum has discovered has it's advantages. Good that you kept it clean for the youngsters!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Hi Gavin, not seen this colour used on a semi before. Looks lovely. Have you used all the base coat or just the deep colour coat?

Quote from andypwudtone on February 14, 2013, 03:10
    Hi Gavin, not seen this colour used on a semi before. Looks lovely. Have you used all the base coat or just the deep colour coat?
    Hi Andy,

Ran out of the deep colour....i would have liked to have given it one more coat. This picture is ONLY the deep colour coat!

The base colour has had four coats now, but the picture was too bloody shiny to post....so will take another picture when I get back to Perth. Currently in Melbourne!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Quote from Gavin1393 on February 14, 2013, 05:14
    Hi Andy,

Ran out of the deep colour....i would have liked to have given it one more coat. This picture is ONLY the deep colour coat!

The base colour has had four coats now, but the picture was too bloody shiny to post....so will take another picture when I get back to Perth. Currently in Melbourne!
    Gav, see if we can meet today!!! I'm in the south east of Melb, a d we can hang at a music shop!!!! If you can, search Sky Music and I can get there

Quote from keloooe on February 14, 2013, 06:35
    Quote from Gavin1393 on February 14, 2013, 05:14
    Hi Andy,

Gav, see if we can meet today!!! I'm in the south east of Melb, a d we can hang at a music shop!!!! If you can, search Sky Music and I can get there
    Hey Callum, i'm involved in a Self Managed Superfund Conference, so while i'd far rather hang out in a music store, i regrettably have to stay behind at the conference, otherwise i can't continue to work in this sector! The things you have to do and sacrifice when you are an adult!

Quote from adam on January 23, 2013, 16:32
    What DB said.

Edit: I have to admit Gav, I was a bit worried about this one after the first couple of coats, I thought it looked a tad garish. BUT, after this last coat, the colour has really settled and it looks absolutely sensational. When you've put this altogether you'll have to bring it down to Pit Bull Guitars HQ so we can take some glory shots.
    I'm not bringing my finished kit to Pit Bull Guitars HQ (when I finish it!), instead, im taking it down to Sky Music, get a pic of it in front of a massive stage amp!!!

Gav, we should start shipping our first orders of Wudtone very soon. I'm sure DB could put a little extra Azure Lagoon (n/c) in your order if you want another coat or two...
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Quote from adam on February 14, 2013, 15:39
    Gav, we should start shipping our first orders of Wudtone very soon. I'm sure DB could put a little extra Azure Lagoon (n/c) in your order if you want another coat or two...
    Thanks Adam, i'm not sure if putting deep colour over base coat will work? Maybe Andy can confirm? If it will work that would be great!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast