Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Introducing the Pit Bull Guitars "Team"

Quote from dmac on November 23, 2012, 19:16
    Well, I'm completely the opposite of Adam in many ways.

My original qualifications are in law. I became involved in my first serious band at uni (where it was a choice of study or sex, drugs, rock and roll... No choice really.) I tried working in law for a few years and finally admitted hatred and defeat.

Since moving across to music full time, I've learned how to:

1. modify then make effects pedals (Adam, you should have called me... 8-)
    2. modify then make amps
    3. modify then make guitars.
    I forgot to mention- I also went back to college and got a certificate in Music Business a few years ago. I try and do a bit of mentoring of young people and convincing them to be a young band instead. And sometimes I have to say that their ambition exceeds their talent, or their ego is not warranted. Yes it hurts sometimes. Deal with it. It's cut throat out there.

Quote from pablopepper on November 23, 2012, 21:53
    Dmac, any suggestions on how to get started building pedals?

That sounds like something I could really get into.
    You can get kits to kick things off. General Guitar Gadgets sell a lot of good kits, as do BYOC. Next step is that a lot of places sell PCBs, and then a lot of places also distribute some ideas.

There are some really unwarranted egos out there in FX land, so set your skin to "rhino" before you venture out.

But it's 7am and I got home an hour ago. I'm getting too old for this 5h!t.

On a different note.....

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting Adam.
    Adam's passion for people being able to build thier dream axe is to be admired.

It has been a pleasure and a honour to be a part of this forum and to share with others the knowledge that I have gained, and to learn from others who have posted tips, tricks and how to's.

With folk on the forum who's knowledge is mind blowing, I hope that this forum and Pit Bull will grow and more people will be able to follow thier dream and have that special axe!

I urge any one who buys a kit to read through this forum, and to ask any questions they may have regarding thier build to do so.

Happy building!

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from dingobass on November 24, 2012, 22:31
    With folk on the forum who's knowledge is mind blowing
    Nah, you're flattering me again, dingobass. Basically I just know where to look, and hopefully we can make this forum one of those places for everyone.

/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote on November 25, 2012, 10:30
    /<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from dingobass on November 24, 2012, 22:31
    With folk on the forum, who's knowledge is mind blowing
    Nah, you're flattering me again, dingobass. Basically I just know where to look, and hopefully we can make this forum one of those places for everyone.
    Knowing where to look is the key to knowledge.
    I have learned more from your postings over the past few months than I had in all my years around Basses and Guitars and I am sure I will learn even more.
    Thanks Mate! 8-)

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2