Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Let me Introduce myself

Hi there all, I figured that i should actually introduce myself to the people who have been a help to me through reading posts onthis forum.
    My Name is Nick and i live in Echuca onthe Vic /Nsw border. Im a Chef and a Father of 2 young boys (5 and 3) who has decided that my guitar playing is not that good, so ill try to make them. Everyone needs options of what guitar they want to play.
    The LP-1 that i have recently completed is what i hope the first of many styles and models that i would like to make.
    I look forward to getting to know Everyone on The Pitbull Guitars Forum and the help I know I am going to need for my new found hobby.

Nick Cass

Hey Nick,
    There is no greater joy as a player that maybe is not so good ( I am including myself in this catagory) than to build beautiful instruments for other people!

I had my start in the world of lutherie from a kit build, and now I am building Basses and Guitars for folk who really appreciate them!

I wish you all the best in your hobby and who knows, one day you may be able to pursue lutherie as a profession.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Hello,Just ordered an ST-1,love the look and sound. 8-)
    Iam a retired mechanic,bad guitar player,electronics dabbler....
    So hopefully with the help from the forum,the project will come to fruition.
    Don't be surprised if I rewind/modify pups etc,its just me.
    Great to be onboard, stay tuned..(no pun intended).
    Cheers
    John

Quote from johnandles on December 13, 2012, 17:47
    Hello,Just ordered an ST-1,love the look and sound. 8-)
    Iam a retired mechanic,bad guitar player,electronics dabbler....
    So hopefully with the help from the forum,the project will come to fruition.
    Don't be surprised if I rewind/modify pups etc,its just me.
    Great to be onboard, stay tuned..(no pun intended).
    Cheers
    John
    Welcome aboard, looking forward to your contribution to this growing community. If you're rewinding pick ups then I have a feeling you're going to fit right in
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Hi, my name is Mike, I'm 46 and live in Brisbane. I've been playing keyboard, by ear, since I was 4. My brother took to guitars when he was a kid but when I tried, they forced me to play right handed, so I gave up in disgust (I'm a lefty). It's now time for me to play catch up on the 35 years I've missed and since I'm a tinkerer, a Pitbull Guitar kit seems like the ultimate option...... So I'm currently awaiting the delivery of an SV-1 left handed.

It strikes me that there may be a lot of people that are either complete novices or entry level.. I've been doing a lot of research but an area with little info is what to plug the completed Pitbull Guitar into, so I'm going to put a post up asking for peoples input

Quote from MikeL on December 18, 2012, 17:21
    Hey Mike, Welcome aboard!
    You will find a very helpful community here on the Pit Bull forum so if you have any build questions please ask!

As for what amp to plug into, I am sure that dMac is your man

Have fun with your build and remember the golden rule, take it slow, enjoy the experience and you will end up with a killer Axe.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Overlord of Music
    Quote from MikeL on December 18, 2012, 17:21
    Hi, my name is Mike, I'm 46 and live in Brisbane. I've been playing keyboard, by ear, since I was 4. My brother took to guitars when he was a kid but when I tried, they forced me to play right handed, so I gave up in disgust (I'm a lefty). It's now time for me to play catch up on the 35 years I've missed and since I'm a tinkerer, a Pitbull Guitar kit seems like the ultimate option...... So I'm currently awaiting the delivery of an SV-1 left handed.

It strikes me that there may be a lot of people that are either complete novices or entry level.. I've been doing a lot of research but an area with little info is what to plug the completed Pitbull Guitar into, so I'm going to put a post up asking for peoples input
    It's good to see another Queenslander on here, I was starting to feel a bit lonely.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

You're no longer unique Pablopepper...
    Welcome Mike!

I noticed I haven't introduced myself on the forum as yet. Some things slip by...
    I am Gavin, I live in Perth. Played soccer and kept breaking my fingers (i was a goalkeeper before any asks how I managed to do this!). Played in a rock band in the early 90's producing two Cd's and two movie soundtracks then gave up and took up an office job where the pay was better! Hung onto an acoustic as well as my electric guitar throughout this time. After one too many operations to fix broken fingers I felt a new hobby was in order. In June 2011 I attended an acoustic guitar building course in QLD and I was hooked! Have subsequently moved workshop (wife thinks we moved house) from a 9 square meter shed to a 55 square meter workshop. I finally have the space to finish the stockpile of almost complete guitars. Was looking to get into electrics due to a few requests from friends to build them an electric after trying out one of my (not quite finished) acoustics. Have already met some great folk on this forum and been introduced to some excellent finishing product-goodness knows I needed to find something as the wife was getting threatening about all these guitars in the main bedroom....must have been why she agreed to move house provided the guitars stayed in the workshop! Win-Win situation!!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Hi all, I'm Glenn from Bendigo, Central Victoria. I got into electric guitars in about 1993, having previously played brass instruments and teaching myself piano. I had to sell my guitar (a cheap Ibanez with three single pick-ups) to afford an overseas holiday ... but kept my acoustic, and mucked about with it while concentrating on piano. In about 2005 I started using the acoustic professionally, in seasonal dinner theatre work, and in 2008 my KRudd bonus bought a very nice semi-acoustic for that work, which I still play and love. I'm a big Queen fan and my ambition is to build a Red Special copy (Adam, are you listening?!)

I'm starting with a Tele, which I think should be pretty straightforward and give a lot of bang for buck. I have some gold spray paint left over from painting a gun for a fancy-dress party, so it'll be gold with the standard chrome fittings. I'll try to make it look pretty swish. I'm following up with two more Teles, just for experience - one for a gigging friend in Canberra, so I'm going to fit a few extras to that one, and it'll be themed to match her red Mini Cooper S, right down to shaping the head stock as a Mini silhouette (albeit upside down for the punters); and another for my brother, a sound engineer who works around Albury-Wodonga - we haven't worked out the details of that one yet, but he's a stickler for quality, so we'll probably end up tricking that one out a bit too. Once I have those under my belt I reckon I should be ready for something more complicated.

I'd really also love to add a bass to my instrument collection. Adam, any chance a P-bass kit is coming up?

I've never built a guitar before, but I've done a load of DIY, and the only skill required that I haven't used before appears to be soldering. I'm very much looking forward to the adventure.

Hey welcome aboard Glenn, sounds like you've got some grand plans. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

We have basses on order; including Jazz and PB styles, they're due mid February.

You're actually the second person to ask for a "Red Special" type kit. It can be specially ordered, with a wait time (production and shipping) of 8 - 12 weeks. Price would be around $200.

Great to have you on board, I'm sure you'll find the regulars a very helpful and friendly bunch.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast