Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Let me Introduce myself

Quote from adam on January 3, 2013, 19:14
    Hey welcome aboard Glenn, sounds like you've got some grand plans. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

We have basses on order; including Jazz and PB styles, they're due mid February.

You're actually the second person to ask for a "Red Special" type kit. It can be specially ordered, with a wait time (production and shipping) of 8 - 12 weeks. Price would be around $200.

Great to have you on board, I'm sure you'll find the regulars a very helpful and friendly bunch.
    Awesome-sauce! Thrilled to hear a Red Special can be done! Also, finding the instructional videos very helpful - I'm someone who learns visually, so I'm very happy with the service so far! And I'm also not impatient and not afraid to ask for help so, if I get stuck, I'll be putting up my hand!

Cheers all!

Quote from GlennGP on January 3, 2013, 19:22
    Quote from adam on January 3, 2013, 19:14
    Hey welcome aboard Glenn, sounds like you've got some grand plans. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

We have basses on order; including Jazz and PB styles, they're due mid February.

You're actually the second person to ask for a "Red Special" type kit. It can be specially ordered, with a wait time (production and shipping) of 8 - 12 weeks. Price would be around $200.

Great to have you on board, I'm sure you'll find the regulars a very helpful and friendly bunch.
    Awesome-sauce! Thrilled to hear a Red Special can be done! Also, finding the instructional videos very helpful - I'm someone who learns visually, so I'm very happy with the service so far! And I'm also not impatient and not afraid to ask for help so, if I get stuck, I'll be putting up my hand!

Cheers all!
    Welcome Glenn!

The video bank is a great place to start. There are some good tips on soldering in the video's as well. Looking forward to seeing your creations as well.
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Quote from GlennGP on January 3, 2013, 19:01

Hey Glenn, welcome to the family!
    You will find your Pit Bull experience rewarding and you will learn heaps about how Guitars go together through the process.

I know that others on this forum will be getting tiered of hearing me say this but, take the build slow, the more time you put into the prep stage before painting, the better the result.

I recently moved to Perth from Canberra, my suggestion is add some anti freeze to the build for your friend! :P

Good luck with the build and don't hesitate to ask for help if you get stuck.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

welcome Glenn, Its nice to see someone else from this side of the world on here, have fun with the builds

Quote from GlennGP on January 3, 2013, 19:01
    Hi all, I'm Glenn from Bendigo, Central Victoria. I got into electric guitars in about 1993, having previously played brass instruments and teaching myself piano. I had to sell my guitar (a cheap Ibanez with three single pick-ups) to afford an overseas holiday ... but kept my acoustic, and mucked about with it while concentrating on piano. In about 2005 I started using the acoustic professionally, in seasonal dinner theatre work, and in 2008 my KRudd bonus bought a very nice semi-acoustic for that work, which I still play and love. I'm a big Queen fan and my ambition is to build a Red Special copy (Adam, are you listening?!)

I'm starting with a Tele, which I think should be pretty straightforward and give a lot of bang for buck. I have some gold spray paint left over from painting a gun for a fancy-dress party, so it'll be gold with the standard chrome fittings. I'll try to make it look pretty swish. I'm following up with two more Teles, just for experience - one for a gigging friend in Canberra, so I'm going to fit a few extras to that one, and it'll be themed to match her red Mini Cooper S, right down to shaping the head stock as a Mini silhouette (albeit upside down for the punters); and another for my brother, a sound engineer who works around Albury-Wodonga - we haven't worked out the details of that one yet, but he's a stickler for quality, so we'll probably end up tricking that one out a bit too. Once I have those under my belt I reckon I should be ready for something more complicated.

I'd really also love to add a bass to my instrument collection. Adam, any chance a P-bass kit is coming up?

I've never built a guitar before, but I've done a load of DIY, and the only skill required that I haven't used before appears to be soldering. I'm very much looking forward to the adventure.
    Hey Glenn, I was in Bendigo for the New Year, as my relo's live in the country and I live in Melbourne

I'm getting the "take it slow" message loud and clear, there won't be any rushing around here!

Also, kit just arrived (and I mean it literally was just delivered) - that's three business days tops, from order to delivery, across the continent. Well done, Adam!

Quote from GlennGP on January 7, 2013, 09:43
    I'm getting the "take it slow" message loud and clear, there won't be any rushing around here!

Also, kit just arrived (and I mean it literally was just delivered) - that's three business days tops, from order to delivery, across the continent. Well done, Adam!
    Yes, dingobass loves telling us to take it slow!

Quote from keloooe on January 7, 2013, 10:06
    Quote from GlennGP on January 7, 2013, 09:43

And will continue to do so....... 8-)

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

..because it's the RIGHT thing to do!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

And will continue to do so.......

Quote from Gavin1393 on January 7, 2013, 12:10
    ..because it's the RIGHT thing to do!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast